Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ssdi Approved!

Rate this question

USMC_HVEQ

Question

I applied for SSDI in September and finally turned in my function forms and employer stuff in mid January 2014. The VA sent them my medical records for which im medically retired. I was just told today via phone by social security that I am approved. My rate is $1373/mo. I will follow up with what they determined to help others, I just wanted to share. I figured they would deny but.much to.my surprise it has been approved and no exam was scheduled.

I just finally got something in the mail that stated my backpay amount and the date I was considered disabled. These were all beneficial. said if it did not mentioned then 3 yr review period would be in effect.

Did anyone get like a write up or anything? do I have to request it? (if so, where)

I'm trying to finally make an accurate copy of my file from my old files. MyHealthyVet doesnt seem to have everything, just at that hospital in particular.

I need like rating decision copies and what not. I tried years ago, but since Ive continued to move at least every 2 yrs for last 10 yrs, I havent unpacked a lot of stuff and it just sits in containers. I even went to the extreme of buying a laser printer.

Ive been so disorganized I just want to gather it all. I had a c&P "review" at VA, but I think it was the TDIU claim I filed in December. I figured it would take months and I would know from SSDI either way so I filed a VONAPP claim.

Well the C&P went ok I guess, felt strange. I was late. I overslept and then raced to get there 40 mins late. i was in there for like hour and half. I told examiner I guess got approved for SSDI and she asked for what. I had filed for PTSD, so I just said PTSD, because I wouldnt know why else.

well I've rambled on and on. Sorry about that. I appreciate any and all responses. Thank you for your time and service.

• HadIt.com Elder

They usually give you what they consider the effective date. If they are wrong appeal it but now you get your check each month and a small nest egg but years add up could be substantial.

Congrats

Yes I have the effective date and it is correct. It's up until the last time I worked 12/2012. Yes I received some $ and I've paid bills mostly. Seemed I was "robbing Peter to pay Paul" with my credit cards analogy.

I was curious as to if there was more on decision or whatever like how our VA ratings come out to us.

Definitely no appeal warranted here. I feel relieved now I can truly focus on the help I need. Once again by no means am I truly proud.i won't be telling many people. Since my disability is mental (PTSD), people tend not to understand. I just rather not have to explain...why this or why that?

My life has gotten worse over the 9yrs post OIF. Each day is a struggle. I know some here understand what I deal with. It's hard when you were always an outgoing person to now being an introvert. Sorry for rambling on.

Thanks for your posts ladies and gents.

USMC,

Great News bud, I just got my SSDI approved last Wed after less than 4 months. I had a multiple of conditions, but I think that it was approved based on PTSD. I am waiting for my letter, I wont get paid til May 2014, due to it has only been since Oct 2013 when I quit working. My FDC claim I submitted in Sep 2013, should be done soon, and more than likely I will be 100% VA. This whole process has been so stressful. Good luck and keep us posted bud.