Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Had C P Exam How Long Do I Have To Wait To Get Copy From Va

Rate this question

adkins7b

Question

USdart, you are correct.

Unlike a C & P exam, the VA claims that QTCs are the property of the VA until a decision is made.

(Property of VA my butt.)....however, by holding onto QTC exams this way, the claimant is unable to determine any outcome at all of their claim until they get the decision.

Also the claimant cannot raise Cane if the SOC has manipulated the results of the exam, until they get a copy of it, after the decision is done.

In my very first claim almost 20 years ago, I had no idea I could request a copy of a C & P exam.

When I read the SOC that named the VA doctor and referred to parts of the exam, I went ballistic and called the doctor up to ask how the hell he could make a statement like he made ,per the SOC, without having enough medical knowledge to interpret the veteran's autopsy?

He didnt even know the VA had a copy of the autopsy. He went ballistic too when he heard that.

VA Central pulled this on me too when I filed for wrongful death.But I found out why.

12 separate submissions of this autopsy had mysteriously disappeared from my C file for over 3 years.

Good thing I kept on top of them all that time and kept re sending it in via prioity mail..it was prime facie evidence of malpractice ,but so was everything they had.

VA never seems to lose,misplace or destroy the crap in a C file .....they only do that to the good stuff.

• HadIt.com Elder

If done by QTC and it is feasible the VARO will have the copy. All you have to do is go to them and request to view your file with a Councellor than ask them to copy for you.

This is true with exams performed with QTC's. Not that you have a choice, but it is easier to get the exam reports when they are performed at the VAMC. I got mine within 12 hours after the exam. It pays to be friendly to the Release of information office. If they stupid cite the law. Freedom of Information Act and so forth. They become really helpful after that. I think since it was done at a QTC it will have to wait until a decision is made on your claim, however, you can visit the VARO and just ask for a copy of the medical report. They will not like that, because they will have to take time out of their day to make a copy and come down to deliver it. Also consider that in asking for a copy while they are rating and making a decision could cause delays in your process. The system is already screwed up and there is so much stacked in the favor of the VA, however, play it smart, be a little patient, they tend to dig themselves into a hole and don't realize they are killing themselves. JMO.

I sent a request into regional office just recieved qtc in mail today thanks for help. It looks good said depression and anxiety at least as likely secondary to sleep apnea same as private doctor stated.