VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Decision Coming Up On 4 Years (41 Months)

Rate this question

Troop54

Question

I submitted an NOD on Oct 2010. For the next 2 years, I have reported to 8 C&P exams. The last one was April 2012. I received the exams and they are all in favor of me "more likely then less" service connected. Well I haven't heard anything since April 2012. Do you think they will make me do all the C&P exams again? All positive and negative feedback would greatly be appreciated!!!

Edited by Troop54

Here in another week and a half, I'll be at 4 years for my DRO Review. I understand that the appeals team were occupied with working the new and reopened cases. I just hope I get a response soon...I sent an Iris back in May and the response was that the VA was backed up. I totally understand that. I would just like my case to be worked. I've been to numerous c&p exams and I've reviewed them on ebenfits, most favoring me for service connected conditions... I submitted another IRIS, requesting my status.

Troop54,

Send an e-mail to the new Secretary of the VA explaining your situation. Make sure you stress how long it has been and the efforts you have made to find out something from the VA.

According to info on this website, his e-mail address is : Robert.A.McDonald@va.gov

I hope this is correct.

Good luck to you...

Troop54,

Make sure you put the periods before and after McDonald's middle initial "A."

Four years for a NOD seems excessive. Something more seems in play here.

Are NOD's being handled at the regional VA Benefit Offices or are they being handled at one location?

If the veteran has taken several C&P exams giving him the benefit of the doubt, the issue is then just assigning a percentage to the disability.

Extremely unfortunate.

"NEVER GIVE UP"

Finally.... I received my DRO Decision and he/she went back to 2010 and reinstated my original 100% with P&T....Thanks to all of you for your help and I will be an active visitor on this site to give suggestions to other vets!!!

01/14 I was still waiting on DRO Hearing from 09/10. Only info from VSO main office was "Diary Dates" listed and noted. WTF did that mean, VSO-Rep couldn't explain it. Soooooo shortly there after I filed a Request for an "Informal Conference" to discuss evidence. Saw in the DRO M21 that that was a step a DRO could take so why not the VET doing it? Got an acknowledgment of receipt of request but nothing else. Mid May or so, got VARO notification that a Hearing was scheduled for 6/27/14. Talked to my VSO and he couldn't tell me what NOD Hearing 2010, 2012 or the request for the "Informal Conference was going to be addressed. He advised me to be prepared for all possibilities. DRO Awarded all issues 10 & 12 NODs after I opted for an "Informal" non recorded and transcribed hearing.

Semper Fi

Gastone