Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Scheduler And Extra Scheduler Need Some Thoughts

Rate this question

trun10tion

Question

Hello all. First time user, although i have read many post's here while on active duty army. Ets was 2012. Now I pretty much get the gist, on the tdiu process yet i need what if's? Ok i'm 50% SC for sleep apnea. I have submitted both forms VA 21-8940 and 4192. I know per 38 CFR 4.16 (b.) rating boards should submit to the Director, Compensation and Pension Service. Now i have other conditions that are service connected and documented but denied and five others at 0%. I also know extra scheduler is hard to get, so question, is extra scheduler the only way to be process? and if not what other options does the RO have?

Sleep Apnea 50%

Migraines 0%

Neck 0%

Scar hernia 0 %

Post hernia op. 0%

(won't say..lol) 0% but i get smc

Eleven others denied but documented and in increase, re-open and new status along with tdiu. Oh forgot i have 13 years combined service's active.

Edited by trun10tion

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"I also know extra scheduler is hard to get, so question, is extra scheduler the only way to be process? and if not what other options does the RO have?"

There are options you have...

I feel you need an IMO if you are attempting to get TDIU based on the sleep apnea but I dont know if VA has ever awarded TDIU solely for SA.... maybe.....maybe not.

Did you appeal the "0" ratings?

You dont have to answer but was the SMC K award due to the SA? or to SC medication?

Hi Berta. Yes i appealed the zero percents all included as either increase, re-open, and new. Smc was loss of use, of a reproductive organ. As far as SA for tdiu , would'nt the other 0% sc be considered as well for tdiu? I listed them on 21- 8940.

Ah just looked something up. States sleep apnea a golden ticket, and acknowledged for tdiu.

http://www.purpleheart.org/ServiceProgram/Training2012/21-T-%20TBI-%20Sleep%20Apnea.pdf

also i appealed denial of adjustment disorder w/anxiety. I have evidence of that as well. I keeps Evee a ting...lol

never seen a zero percent for migranes, looks like a lowball , maybe try to get that increased, then add it for the tdui.

• HadIt.com Elder

You have to ask for "extra - scheduler" because if you don't they won't consider it. I helped a vet get an extra - scheduler rating for a skin condition. The max allowed for the skin condition was 50% and they kept telling him he was receiving the max allowed by law. We requested TDIU and they gave it to him. Took about 18 months to process the claim.

pr

Thank you as well, 63SIERRA and Philip Rogers. I'm also waiting for ssdi decision, the hearing went well i think and the judge asked to see my VA rating, of course she added they don't have to follw their rules but she also stated, it may help her make her decision. six to eight weeks for a decison but since I had to get other VA documents for judge she gave my lawyer till Feb 21 2014.

So maybe in April or May i'll hear something.