Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim All Of A Sudden West Back To Gathering Evidence Phase

Rate this question

DICK HILL

Question

I am confused. Perhaps someone can tell me why a claim would all of a sudden go from reviewing evidence back to gathering evidence.

I asked the VA last year to reopen a claim because when I got my C-File, I found 1 piece of new and material evidence that might change the VA denial decision. I submitted the reopen request in Jun 13 and the VA gave an estimated completion date of 2 Nov 13 to 2 May 14. Now all of a sudden

(1 month) before it is supposed to be final, E-Benefits shows the claim went back to gathering evidence (without any explanation) and now the estimated completion date is 2 Dec 14 to 2 Aug 15. I would think it would only go back to gathering evidence if they are looking for more evidence. I told the VA last Aug that there is no more evidence. Anyone have a clue as to what might be going on? Are they playing a game with me? Appreciate responses. Dick Hill

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

it happens all the time, the ebennies computer system is a reactive system. If they input a specific input, it can change things, or bring up messages. It could stay at gathering for 3 days, then go straight to prep for descision. Dont concern yourself too much with it. Look for other things thoug like requests for evidence, look at the unsolicited items page and see whats listed there. be involved but not incessant abt it.

Same thing happened to my claim. it was at review of evidence then went to gathering/ something as simple as getting increased from 60 to 70 percent, then makes you eligible for TDUI. The va is supposed to look at the evidence and see if you qualify/. dependant issues, and lots of things can happen. so just dont worry abt it too much.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mine has been at Gathering Evidence state for 10 months. All the evidence is at the VA hospital 20 miles from the VARO. I don't believe a thing the VA says until I get a letter in the mail.

John