Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ambushing By Doctor At C&p Exam!

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

I went to an exam and was treated badly, Ambushed! the VA is getting even worse in the way it treats vets when they go for C&P exams. I am extremely angry at the one I just had. I have had a few over the years. I am already very sick, and suffering terribly, but they are getting away with ambushing vets, plays physiological games and demanding answers they want! I would like to know if there is an organization that vets and write and contact to voice their concerns about horrible treatment at these exams. I am very angry, and what makes it worse I do not have the health to waste on anger. But, they need to be reined in, and the people who runt he VA fired and get some compassionate people, not just some evil bully. I know they would round file my single complaint, but if enough victims complained, and get media attention, maybe the bad people would have lights on them like cockroaches.

The problem with the recorder is this, if they allow it they, the doc, must acknowledge or you get them to acknowledge that they've been made aware you are recording them for it to stand I court, however, that being said, theres no legal requirement for that to be exposed to the press. Just saying, it's a little in the gray tactic area but doctors should take their oath seriously and do what's right for the patient. JMO. But that's how I feel.

My opinion on c&p and regular doctors appointments have are both the same. They downplay and only annotate what could be held against you. These are not just my opinions, they are first hand experiences with the OKC VAMC the local VA clinic. All I suggest is that you cover your bases from all facets. They can say they are pro veteran and feed you the line of crap, but experience and actions prove otherwise. Don't get me wrong they're may be good ethical doctors out there, however, my experiences prove otherwise, there a few and far in between. Patient advocates are a useless stop gate as well.

Just be smart. Research your condition, memorize your evidence. Recite it from medical records. Eventually they will get the point that you are educated veteran not to be messed with.

My opinion on c&p and regular doctors appointments have are both the same. They downplay and only annotate what could be held against you. These are not just my opinions, they are first hand experiences with the OKC VAMC the local VA clinic. All I suggest is that you cover your bases from all facets. They can say they are pro veteran and feed you the line of crap, but experience and actions prove otherwise. Don't get me wrong they're may be good ethical doctors out there, however, my experiences prove otherwise, there a few and far in between. Patient advocates are a useless stop gate as well.

Had the same experience here. I had my first appointment with a psychologist for "treatment". The first thing he told me was that "only people from messed up backgrounds fall victim to mental disorders in service. So tell me what was your upbringing like?" When I wouldn't bite on that, he asked me questions but never once let me finish a sentence before interrupting me. He told me he does SS disability exams and what a cesspool they are, he told me the VA is treating them so mean lately because of the bad press, that I saw too many movies, he even intimated that I was a gold-digger. Then his treatment notes question whether I even need treatment and meds. SOBs, every one of them.

• HadIt.com Elder

I went to an exam and was treated badly, Ambushed! the VA is getting even worse in the way it treats vets when they go for C&P exams. I am extremely angry at the one I just had.

I would suggest you get an "Independent Medical Opinion" IMO.
I went through two totally incompetent VA C&P examiners, before I blew them out of the water with an IMO. The BVA even overruled the VA C&P exams. I won my case at BVA and am waiting for the award letter, so I don't want to rock the boat yet... One C&P examiner, who will remain nameless for now, was so upset that she had to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving and interrupted her shopping, she grouch around the C&P clinic like a witch. LOL.
Many C&P examiners just parrot any previous negative C&P exams you had in the past. It's easier for them
I could tell you horror stories about my experiences. But I'll bide my time.
It a shame that some vets can't afford a good honest opinion.
Good Luck,
Cmdr. Bob
Edited by Commander Bob

Dayaham!!!!!!!!!!! They did a C&P on me without me being there!!!! I found it scheduled on Ebennies one day after it was done.....I called and asked why I was not notified to be there and they said it was for opinion only........The opinion given was secretly fed to the C&P Doctor and her write-up was used to severe my service connection. Hell no I cant prove it....but I know it happened.