Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ab8 Letter Says I Am 70 Percent

Rate this topic

marinemp1978

I put in a claim for PTSD in 2009 which got denied because I wasnt able to make my c and p appt. I never filed an appeal. In feb 2013 i reapplied and had my C and Ps done 10 March 2014. Been checking Ebenifits non stop for the last week after it went into prep for notification on 10 april 2014. Today it went to complete and I checked my AB8 letter and it says 70 percent with an effective date of 1 January 2014.

My question is how accurate is Ebenifits effective dates. I would think my retro would go back to when I originally filed. Anyone have opinions or a simular case? Thank you!

• HadIt.com Elder

Effective dates are not accurate. Unfortunately many have to appeal them as the VARO tends to not follow rules. The main thing is to get the award and appeal if you need to have it fixed. If the date is right than no problem.

• HadIt.com Elder

I hope you learn from this to never miss a C&P exam and always appeal a denial or low ball rating. You lost many thousands of bucks by missing and exam and not appealing. Are you able to work? If not you should file for TDIU and SSDI. Hey, I failed to appeal a decision and it probably cost me a couple of hundred grand. I was a confused young man and everyone knew it except me.

I hope you learn from this to never miss a C&P exam and always appeal a denial or low ball rating. You lost many thousands of bucks by missing and exam and not appealing. Are you able to work? If not you should file for TDIU and SSDI. Hey, I failed to appeal a decision and it probably cost me a couple of hundred grand. I was a confused young man and everyone knew it except me.

Your right, I'm just hoping now I get backpay from the date I filed and not the date of my C&P exams. Fingers crossed!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use