VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ab8 Letter Says I Am 70 Percent

Rate this topic

marinemp1978

Thanks everyone. Just kicking myself in the butt for not appealing the first two decisions. Still no deposit in my account, Im thinking friday or Saturday.

When will my first monthly payment be? April 1st I assume?

One more thing I wanted to add that might or might now help others. After it went to prep for decision, I called the Reno office literally twice a day. Everyday the same person answered, she sounded like Roseanne Barr on her period. I think I annoyed her so much she just wanted to get my claim out of there. I will try and find the number, the guy from the 800 number gave it to me, and I think it might have been a private one because when I first called she wanted to know where I got her number from.

I put in a claim for PTSD in 2009 which got denied because I wasnt able to make my c and p appt. I never filed an appeal.

In feb 2013 i reapplied and had my C and Ps done 10 March 2014. Been checking Ebenifits non stop for the last week after it went into prep for notification on 10 april 2014. Today it went to complete and I checked my AB8 letter and it says 70 percent with an effective date of 1 January 2014.

My question is how accurate is Ebenifits effective dates. I would think my retro would go back to when I originally filed. Anyone have opinions or a simular case? Thank you!

You missed the C&P exam - you allowed your one year period to expire to file your NOD.

You re-opened quite a bit later which will provide new & material evidence, hence - most likely

no effective date back to original claim submitted

jmho

The BBE came today.... well actually two thick regular size envelopes. Confirming what I found on Ebenefits, 70 percent PTSD, 10 percent Tinnitus IU deferred, two other conditions denied. Got a lot still to do but I am happy for now. Still waiting on the retro, I have a funny feeling it will come within the next couple days.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use