Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnsed With Fibromyalgia But Va Says I Waited Too Long To File From Gulf War.

Rate this question

BlastDaddy

Question

I got out of the Army in 1997, on my physical leaving the Army the doctor annotated I had headaches, muscle and joint pains and so forth. I started going to the VA in 2001. Immediately I started complaining about muscle and joint pains, headaches, IBS, Acid reflux. For years I was bounced around from doctor to doctor with treatment for each symptom individually. It wasn't until recently in 3013 A civilian Rheumatologist doctor diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. Then a VA doctor reviewed all my records and diagnosed me with Chronic Pain Syndrome and Myofascial Pain. I received my C & P and it has me with the diagnoses, unsuccessful treatments, medications not working, interferers with daily activities, It even addressed my wife's assistance. But the lady who did the C & P annotated it is not related to active duty service because it wasn't diagnose on active duty and was not treated during active service. I talked with my DAV rep and he said it will probably be denied due to that statement. HELP. What do I need to do?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

At this point it certainly can't hurt. Send them a copy of there own list of presumptive conditions for Gulf War vet's along with it since apparently they like to ignore there own regs.

I finally got an appointment in Round Rock with the Rheumatologist who diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. The Dr. will review my records and I am attempting to get an Medical opinion. Then I will submit the IMO and their regs. Hope this works.

But the appointment isn't until July.