VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diagnsed With Fibromyalgia But Va Says I Waited Too Long To File From Gulf War.

Rate this question

BlastDaddy

Question

I got out of the Army in 1997, on my physical leaving the Army the doctor annotated I had headaches, muscle and joint pains and so forth. I started going to the VA in 2001. Immediately I started complaining about muscle and joint pains, headaches, IBS, Acid reflux. For years I was bounced around from doctor to doctor with treatment for each symptom individually. It wasn't until recently in 3013 A civilian Rheumatologist doctor diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. Then a VA doctor reviewed all my records and diagnosed me with Chronic Pain Syndrome and Myofascial Pain. I received my C & P and it has me with the diagnoses, unsuccessful treatments, medications not working, interferers with daily activities, It even addressed my wife's assistance. But the lady who did the C & P annotated it is not related to active duty service because it wasn't diagnose on active duty and was not treated during active service. I talked with my DAV rep and he said it will probably be denied due to that statement. HELP. What do I need to do?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I got out of the Army in 1997, on my physical leaving the Army the doctor annotated I had headaches, muscle and joint pains and so forth. I started going to the VA in 2001. Immediately I started complaining about muscle and joint pains, headaches, IBS, Acid reflux. For years I was bounced around from doctor to doctor with treatment for each symptom individually. It wasn't until recently in 3013 A civilian Rheumatologist doctor diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia. Then a VA doctor reviewed all my records and diagnosed me with Chronic Pain Syndrome and Myofascial Pain. I received my C & P and it has me with the diagnoses, unsuccessful treatments, medications not working, interferers with daily activities, It even addressed my wife's assistance. But the lady who did the C & P annotated it is not related to active duty service because it wasn't diagnose on active duty and was not treated during active service. I talked with my DAV rep and he said it will probably be denied due to that statement. HELP. What do I need to do?

Did you deploy to SWA area?

Were you treated for any of the individual symptoms on active duty?

You will likely need an IMO with a medical rationale that the Doctor has reviewed your military records and your current records and it is his or her medical opinion that these conditions are military related.

Keep in mind that if you were treated for these individual symptoms on active duty, they can be rated separately without pyramiding.

pete992, Yes I was in SWA as an engineer. We blew up the munitions dumps and ordinances left behind.

I wasn't treated but once for stiff muscles in neck and back.

But I did have them mention all of them on my out processing physical.

Could I relate the fibromyalgia to a diagnosed or undiagnosed illness under the gulf war? I read on here as long as it is claimed before Dec 2016.

Yes, But you will still need an IMO that will link your current conditions to your military service. I know that VA claim that these conditions are presumptive but they still need a doctor to connect the dots.

How was your original claim filed?

You should have filed your claim due to service in the gulf war.

Does your DD 214 show you were deployed in the gulf?

Were you treated between 1997 and 2001 for these conditions. If so, make sure you get copies of these records.

see , this is typical of what the VA is doing to gulf war vets. they interpret the laws of presumption in such a way, to deny the claims. suddenly sleep apnea is not the right kind of sleep disturbance, suddenly fibromyalgia has to have been reported at a certain date, and on and on, they make it up as they go along, to deny. its criminal what they are doing,

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

They have made it easier for RVN vets to get presumption for AO exposure because the VA knows we will all be dead soon. However, spouses should be aware we will all probably die from some AO condition, so they can get DIC. IHD, lung cancer, DMII, prostate cancer, most of the blood cancers and PD. I am pretty sure one of these things is going to kill me.

John