Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help With Ptsd And Suicidal Attempts

Rate this question

BlastDaddy

Question

I need some help.

I file a claim for PTSD and was awarded 50%. But the C & P showed I should have been higher.

The Beck Anxiety Index score was 56 severe

Depression Inventory II was 49 severe

Global Assessment of Functioning was 41 serious symptoms

I don't want to put the whole C & P on here but I have some issues and they were noted.

I didn't have help with the claim so everything else I claimed was denied.

I didn't think the rating was fair and was looking at the possibility of it being 70% (but oh well)

The VA's reviewers stated although the GAF score stated a 70%-100% It wasn't warranted because I didn't have enough anger issues or my panic attacks wasn't continuous and I didn't show signs of family problems.

I am constantly in a panic state and my first wife left me due to anger issues after returning from the gulf.

Since then I had been having a lot of issues relating to my health. Especially chronic pain all over, headaches, lot's of mental issues. I often think I see apparition's of three dead burnt bodies coming at me.

I went through group counseling for over a year and had an individual counselor for a while. My psychiatrist felt I was suicidal and placed me on the Suicide Watch List.

Back in late 2013 I was hurting so bad and emotionally distraught, I thought these same three burnt up bodies were coming for me so I decided at that point I couldn't stand it any longer. I tried to commit SUICIDE. I took a hands full of medication I thought would put me out.

As a result I ended up in the mental ward at the VA for 4 days. After It wasn't a month after I was released I sliced my wrist trying to kill myself for the second time.

I was referred to mental health and after the first appointment I haven't went back. I feel as if I can't trust them. All the psychiatric doctors at the VA seen my conditions were getting worse but they did nothing for me. Hell they gave me more pills to stop the pain and depression, anxiety and so forth. But they stopped the psychosis pill that help me stop seeing apparitions. They just sat back and let me try and kill myself.

My wife found I could do a Notice of Disagreement so she filled it out and I sent it in.

What should I do now and HOW?

BTW my wife locks up all the medications in the house and gives me them as prescribed to ensure I take them and not try all at once.

Well,

It has been a HARD year with little improvement.

After a several sessions with my MH doctor and being diagnosed with;

Panic attacks - Severe

Major Depressive Disorder

Traumatic Seizures - due to Hallucinations

I have been given several opportunities to be enrolled in the 9 week live in PTSD group counseling in Waco. I have continuously declined explaining last time I stayed out of my comfort zone was when I went to a sleep study. That did not go well. I had a nightmare and ended with an order of detainment and they shot me up with so many drugs and locked me up. I was a zombie for nearly a week.

Now my doctor has insisted. First I will go to the live in PTSD program and then to the WRIISC "War Related Illness and Injury Study Center" to assist with the chronic and constant pain.

I am in great distress about not being in my comfort zone. Any good suggestions?

I will be going but looking how to cope with it.