VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Suddenly Rushing Through Claims?

Rate this question

BlastDaddy

Question

Can anyone tell me what just happened?

I looked at my claim on ebenefits today and it latterly changed in front of my eyes. It went from Gathering Evidence to Preparing a Decision. Skipping review of evidence.

I called my friend who was at the same point of gathering evidence. He told me his did the same thing. Several of my friends claims did the same thing.

I called my DAV rep and he said they were almost finished with it. I asked how that could be. Just last week he said it would be a while go ahead and schedule an appointment for an IMO.

This leads me to believe something is going on and I don't feel we are getting a fair review.

Is anyone else in this situation?

I don't know about others, I received a package to get some release of info forms signed and one for previous employer. EBenefits then listed them as sent on Apr 3......The date stamp on the envelope I received on like the 18th was dated Apr 16. Then yesterday, they closed the request as never received. Sheeesh, it said I could get them myself and send them for faster results. I am still in the process of obtaining them from my Doctors. Looks like they can sure rush me after taking all the time in the world for them to do anything. I will be able to pick up the records Monday and will get them out to them. But, they also called me and told me they were scheduling my C & P for the 15th....So none of this info will be available for the C & P Doc. and, I know they do not have to look at anything I bring with me....feel I am already being set up for the shaft. These are all contentions they opened on every issue I have rated because I put in for IU. Seems they will deny increases on my ratings and then use that to deny the IU. I presently have a 60% for IHD and overall rating of 80%. I did not say I was filing for an increase on every contention I had rated. They did that themselves. Or, I don't understand how they do the IU cases. At first I was just happy it was moving...now I'm not so sure if it is just to push everything to appeal status.

Imho its because of the news of the va waiting for older veterans to die and hiding their records ect. I think they are trying to look like they help veterans all of the sudden

Well it moved again. Now my claim is Pending Decision approval. WOW. This claim sat still with no movement. I started it Nov 12, 2103. I expected it to take a while. Then all a sudden in April it jumped to Gathering evidence and now May it is on the last stage Pending decision approval. Man I hope this is for the best and not just another VA way of saying they are active and helping Veterans.

I will keep you posted on the decision.

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't know about others, I received a package to get some release of info forms signed and one for previous employer. EBenefits then listed them as sent on Apr 3......The date stamp on the envelope I received on like the 18th was dated Apr 16. Then yesterday, they closed the request as never received. Sheeesh, it said I could get them myself and send them for faster results. I am still in the process of obtaining them from my Doctors. Looks like they can sure rush me after taking all the time in the world for them to do anything. I will be able to pick up the records Monday and will get them out to them. But, they also called me and told me they were scheduling my C & P for the 15th....So none of this info will be available for the C & P Doc. and, I know they do not have to look at anything I bring with me....feel I am already being set up for the shaft. These are all contentions they opened on every issue I have rated because I put in for IU. Seems they will deny increases on my ratings and then use that to deny the IU. I presently have a 60% for IHD and overall rating of 80%. I did not say I was filing for an increase on every contention I had rated. They did that themselves. Or, I don't understand how they do the IU cases. At first I was just happy it was moving...now I'm not so sure if it is just to push everything to appeal status.

The way things work is that the VA often interprets any follow on claims as a request for increase. The basis is in the law and regs. You didn't think that the VA has your best interests in mind, did you?

Moved again to Preparation for Notification. Moved the whole claim in little over a month. Now why can't they do this all the time.

Chuck,

I hope they don't think it is a request for increase. None of the new claim has to do with my original claim that is under appeal.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Ha Ha Ha Ha... on me. What a game they play. Now the claim moved backwards from final notification to pending decision. Jokes is on me. They stated "We determined your claim needed additional review". Oh what games they play.

I'm pessimistic on the rating of the VA. Seems to me they are rushing through the claims just to have numbers and eventually you have to submit for an appeal. This claim should be cut and dry. All required documentation was provided.

My opinion is the final notification was a denial and the reviewing party simply said No. Relook this.