Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Had Ptsd C&p With Va

Rate this question

whoami?

Question

I am very nervous right now. I just had my C&P exam with the VA and it went so quick I don't know what happened. The exam took less than ten minutes. I guess the examiner had already read my file. She only had a few questions for me but I felt like I had so much other stuff I wanted to tell her but my anxiety was so high I just answered her questions and quickly left the room. Once I get a copy of what she wrote I will give you guys an update.

Don't depend 100% on your VSO. If you have important documents send them to the VARO also to make sure they get there.

Hello John,

I find it increasingly frustrating that I can't contact my VSO, I really want to revoke the POA but I guess I will wait until this claim is processed. If I want to have information added to my file at the VA where do I go to turn in that information?

Glad you you received your increase.

I too went through the same exact thing with the exam. I was only in there for maybe twenty minutes and my doc kept looking at the clock like she was ready to kick me out. I had so much I wanted to say and I felt like she didn't ask too many questions mostly about my family and a few questions about home life and work and that's it. I will be requesting my records at my local VA hospital to see what findings she came up with.

Me,

Hello. I haven't received my increase yet. They still have my claim in the gathering evidence stage. They have all the information but for some reason it isn't moving at all. I hope they rate my issues justly so I can focus on getting help with the issues I have. But I know this is going to be a fight. Good luck with your claim.

I know you are going crazy, but a little over 3 weeks is very little time for a claim after the C&Ps. Now you will see movement in the next 4-6 weeks, and that is if you have an RO that is not overwhelmed with a back log of claims. My FDC did not move for 5 months, had my C&Ps and my claim was done in 2 months. I have had two claims that were completed in that timeline, and I have a current FDC claim that I submitted June 14. As much as I want it and the exams done, I know that it will not be until atleast October before I have the exams, and then my claim will bog down during the Holidays. Good Luck and keep us posted

I have 60% and haven't worked since 09 and they never recommended anything about filing for TDIU. I didn't know it existed until after I was rated the 60% in 2/14. I actually have 62.5% by VA math.

My VO sent in an update claim for arthritis as secondary to my back injury and a dependency claim. Never mentioned a thing about TDIU being an available option.

Me,

Hello. I haven't received my increase yet. They still have my claim in the gathering evidence stage. They have all the information but for some reason it isn't moving at all. I hope they rate my issues justly so I can focus on getting help with the issues I have. But I know this is going to be a fight. Good luck with your claim.

Whoami,

Oh ok, hopefully they will send everything through quickly since your exam has been posted. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I know how that is too, I had my daughter last year and I sent a add dependent request in and it's still at the received stage. Since all this publicity is on them hopefully they will get the ball moving on everything.

My recommendation when going in for a C&P exam (as advised to me by older Vietnam vets) go in like it's your worse day of your life. Remember the nightmares, smashing your fist against a wall, not remembering anything, wanting to kill someone. That is what I did. I've been dealing with the VA for almost 20 years. I can tell you so many stories of their bull shit. For example if you say one POSITIVE thing at an exam, the VA will turn it around on you. Example: "My girlfriend and I are trying to get along, she helps me out and her father was a WWII veteran so she understands." (Although I told the examiner we didn't always live together) The VA took my statement and and rejected my claim for an increase. Saying, "your life is getting better now and your live-in girl friend is helping you." Not making this up. This is what the VA put in my denial letter. Another example: I told some stupid ass VA counselor that I smoked weed once or twice a month to deal with my Combat related PTSD. I get a copy of my medical records a few years later and my record reflects her statement that I was a drug abuser!!!! Just saying. Watch what you say to the VA!