Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just Had Ptsd C&p With Va

Rate this question

whoami?

Question

I am very nervous right now. I just had my C&P exam with the VA and it went so quick I don't know what happened. The exam took less than ten minutes. I guess the examiner had already read my file. She only had a few questions for me but I felt like I had so much other stuff I wanted to tell her but my anxiety was so high I just answered her questions and quickly left the room. Once I get a copy of what she wrote I will give you guys an update.

A fast exam is something to be concerned about. You should request a copy if you had it at a VA Medical Facility.

Pete I feel the same way I was prepared for a long interview but less than ten minutes I was really shocked. I really don't trust the VA but it appears she had been reading my C-File so when I came in she could see I was extremely anxious and she assured me the exam would be short and that she only had a few questions for me. It was just one question I feel I wasn't allowed to explain in more detail but I guess I am nit picking. I have to wait and see her report then I shall get advice from you guys and go from there. You guys are awesome.

I feel its good news

I feel the same way. She could see I was visibly shaken having had to come to the exam, she tried to calm me down but the only thing that helped was when she said we were done and I flew out the door.

I think it could be good news that she had seen pretty much all she needed to in the records and meeting you was a formality.

Regardless, get copy when you can and let us know.

We're rooting for you! :smile:

Thanks and I will. I am checking everyday multiple times. I can't help myself. The anxiety is through the roof right now.

I think since she has/was reading your file, she had a very good idea of your problem, and felt no reason to drag you thru the ordeal again. I had a C&P a few months back and it was also very short.I was worried that this was not going to go in my favor. But it did, my heart disability went from 10% to 60% and my PTSD went from 50% to 70%, but my hearing went from 50% to 20%. I don't know how that happen. I have been thinking I need to

appeal that. I guess I will in the near future, like next week. So hang in there, it could be in your favor. You just have to sit back and wait, but be getting ready to file an appeal if you have to.

I think since she has/was reading your file, she had a very good idea of your problem, and felt no reason to drag you thru the ordeal again. I had a C&P a few months back and it was also very short.I was worried that this was not going to go in my favor. But it did, my heart disability went from 10% to 60% and my PTSD went from 50% to 70%, but my hearing went from 50% to 20%. I don't know how that happen. I have been thinking I need to

appeal that. I guess I will in the near future, like next week. So hang in there, it could be in your favor. You just have to sit back and wait, but be getting ready to file an appeal if you have to.

Thanks for your support Hollis. I know she had read my file because the questions she asked me were related to information in my file so I guess I am not worried about it not being in my favor I am just really wondering what percent the VA will rate my PTSD. Its clearly not at the 30% rate anymore and hasn't been for a long time. I have criteria that meet the 70-100% rating. I'm really hoping for the best but I always prepare for the worst when it comes to the VA.