Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Missed C&p Due To Uninformed Reschedule

Rate this question

chriscshunter

Question

I have been waiting over a year and a half for my C&P... I finally got my exam scheduled, however it was in the middle of a big move so I had it rescheduled from May 29th at 2:30 to June 2nd at 2:30. The lady that rescheduled it apparently screwed up as it was a 2 hour exam and that 2:30 slot was only 1 hour open... so she rescheduled me for 8 that morning instead and didn't notify me. That morning on the 2nd at 8:10 she called me asking if I was coming in for my appointment, to which I explained that she had set me up with a 2:30, and she said I should have received and reschedule call informing me of the error. I said I was more than happy to come in now, but it will take me 40 minutes to drive there. She said it was fine, and that I would just have to go through claims to resubmit for another exam. So I call in and explain what happened, and they tell me they will get back to me in 20 days... and they never got back to me...

Well now almost 1 month later, I get an award letter in the mail denying me of 9 out of 10 things with the exception of my hearing... I have a post partial amputation with documents and xrays and they even denied me that, all due to this missed appointment. I called up the number on the paper to explain my situation, and now I have to wait an additional 20 days to have it reviewed.

I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting another year before I get another appointment because of someone elses mistake... Any advice?

heres my advice, as slow as the va system operates, when they schedule a CP exam. GO TO IT. Short of a death in the family or being seriously ILL, I cant think of much that would stop me from going, its just too important. The fact you waited a year and a half should tell you,. dont let that appt go by.

Not trying to be a prick just being honest. thanks for your service, and file a NOD.

The VA doesnt care abt your injuries, doesnt appreciate your service. couldnt care less if your living under as bridge and eating out of garbage cans, and hopes you croak before u learn the system, so they dont pay you benefits. This is what your up against now.

Edited by 63SIERRA

63- You might have missed this scanning the post; I do it myself sometimes.

It says the veteran wasn't notified of the change in appointment time.

I've had the VA cancel an appointment as I was driving to it, then charge me with a no-show.

Chris: I hope this is resolved quickly in your favor.

I think this is becoming another systemic practice at the VA.

With the extraordinary information whistleblowers have been giving the H VAC , as to the way the VA has been gaming the appointment schedules for health care, it does not surprise me to believe that C & P exam appointments are probably being 'gamed' too.

But Sierra is right.......... once an appointment is scheduled for a C & P, veterans should do all they can to get to it, because the next appointment might get snafued or delayed for many weeks...or months.

Sorry to hear that. I just want to offer support for you. You might want to call ahead and confirm you next appointment to be sure that they aren't changing things on you again. It really sucks to hear that and I wish I had better advice for you.

who scheduled the appt, was it the local VAMC or private contractor like VES? vets eval service?

If it was a contracted CP exam, you could call and ask to speak with a supervisor and raise big hell. They may be able to get involved and give you another CP, then take that STRAIGHT to your RO and try to get them to reconsider it right then and there.

Other than that, you are on the slow train to the lowball hotel.

Edited by 63SIERRA