Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Missed C&p Due To Uninformed Reschedule

Rate this question

chriscshunter

Question

I have been waiting over a year and a half for my C&P... I finally got my exam scheduled, however it was in the middle of a big move so I had it rescheduled from May 29th at 2:30 to June 2nd at 2:30. The lady that rescheduled it apparently screwed up as it was a 2 hour exam and that 2:30 slot was only 1 hour open... so she rescheduled me for 8 that morning instead and didn't notify me. That morning on the 2nd at 8:10 she called me asking if I was coming in for my appointment, to which I explained that she had set me up with a 2:30, and she said I should have received and reschedule call informing me of the error. I said I was more than happy to come in now, but it will take me 40 minutes to drive there. She said it was fine, and that I would just have to go through claims to resubmit for another exam. So I call in and explain what happened, and they tell me they will get back to me in 20 days... and they never got back to me...

Well now almost 1 month later, I get an award letter in the mail denying me of 9 out of 10 things with the exception of my hearing... I have a post partial amputation with documents and xrays and they even denied me that, all due to this missed appointment. I called up the number on the paper to explain my situation, and now I have to wait an additional 20 days to have it reviewed.

I have a feeling I'm going to be waiting another year before I get another appointment because of someone elses mistake... Any advice?

Well I finally got word I was approved for resubmitting my claim so I can get another C&P Sometime in the next 2 months... I originally setup my claim in San Diego, but my wife joined the military and we are stationed in upstate NY. So I have to wait for San Diego office to resubmit it over to the Syracuse office. I was informed that San Diego office doesn't take incoming calls and all I can do is send a letter requesting status, so other than that its just a waiting game... If anyone has any numbers I can try to call or an address I can send letters to get something official that would be appreciated...

• HadIt.com Elder

I have had the VA cancel a couple of C&P exams and then state I was a no-show and make a rating decision which of course went against me. I was waiting for them to reschedule me and they rated me instead. I think they do this stuff on purpose sometimes. The VA recently called me to ask if I wanted to see a private dentist since I had to wait more than 30 days. I said "Yes" and then I read on veterans health website that I said I wanted all my treatments at the VA. No wonder I have not been contacted by a civilian dentist. The VA is just all screwed up and I also would never reschedule or cancel a C&P exam unless I was being operated on at the hospital. I would go no matter what.

John

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I was at the VAMC for an appointment and the clerk told me I had a C&P scheduled the next day. I walked over to the C&P clinic and verified it was true. The next day I went to the C&P exam. When I got home the notification letter of the C&P exam was in my mailbox, postmarked the day before.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

"So I have to wait for San Diego office to resubmit it over to the Syracuse office" ???

I live in the Southern Tier of NY and deal with Buffalo VA Regional Office. The only other NY VARO is in New York City.

I used to have a POA in Syracuse and they handle Buffalo VARO claims.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

"So I have to wait for San Diego office to resubmit it over to the Syracuse office" ???

I live in the Southern Tier of NY and deal with Buffalo VA Regional Office. The only other NY VARO is in New York City.

I used to have a POA in Syracuse and they handle Buffalo VARO claims.

I discharged in San Diego and setup my claim there. My wife joined the military shortly after and is stationed up here.