VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Viewing C-file

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have an appointment to go see my C-File in a week. I bet my recent "lost" claim is in there among the other paperwork. I am going to pull it out and see what I can do to make them use that date as an effective date. I hand carried the same claim over to the VARO yesterday after much pondering and asking if it was worth it. I will probably regret even filing in a week or two when the VA pisses me off and tells me they lost it again. But I have proof now!!!!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you find something grossly inaccurate in you file I would make a point of it with the VA Rep who is sitting there watching you. This is what I did when I found out they were going to send my claim to the BVA insteaad of doing the DRO like I requested. I think I made a statement in support of claim to rectify the problem and it did rectify it. If my claim is at the rating board I would not request a copy since that will slow down the decision. Wait til you get the decision and then ask for a copy of you entire C-File.

• HadIt.com Elder
Maybe, another FOIA Request by mail? They have 30 days to produce the product. But, I have already received 1 FOIA request for my original 3 C&P results. Yes, there was some other Vet's papers info in the paperwork that I received along with the 3 reports that I requested.

VARO is only going to do what they have to.... by LAW. If I went to the VARO upon a scheduled appointment to review my C-file.... and found problems, point out the problems to them verbally, they'd probably say..... TOUGH SHIT AJAX.... thats the way it is.... with no corrections.

I don't know what the best way is to make corrections to your C-file, do you ? :D

My opinion and my opinion only is to view the file (making notes) and then request a copy and see if you get a complete copy. When viewing you can request immediate copies of a limited number of pages, like the important ones. The VA is unlikely to censor prior to viewing but may do so later. Also when viewing, a VA rep will be present to make sure you don't alter anything. jmo