VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Has Anyone Been Able To Attach Documents To Their Claim Lately?

Rate this question

lotzaspotz

Question

I know the evidence requested was received via certified mail, but just for fun and yucks, I tried to attach the documents requested per the ebenefits notice of evidence requested, and it doesn't work. I called the techies and they said they were aware of it. That was two weeks ago and as of this moment, it still doesn't work. For me, anyway. Has anyone else experienced this?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I haven't tried to submit recently, but when I submitted my FDC ~April this year, I could. Have you checked your file size? If you're sending a document in as a picture it could be quite large. If as a PDF, reduce file size via Adobe (if you can) and see if it helps. If you're scanning a document at home try to set your output settings to a lower DPI. This will also reduce file size. Hope this helps!

Just, is on the money. I submitted a new FDC last month and I was able to load a DBQ on Peggy. Try the PDF file, and I do know that the site acts up if the file is too large, that happened to me last year with my other claim.

• In Memoriam

Yes, i have also. I wrote Senator Durbin about it. The rep said that they are award of the problem. I also told about the 365 day delete situation. They said they are aware of that also.

I called Peggy on the call back feature after hours. The call back next day confirmed two pieces of my evidence.

I would suggest reducing the .jpeg, if that is what you are sending, using Microsoft, right click the jpeg and select open with M/S Office, the select pictures, then select change file size on right side and reduce to 640 x 480 or just select reduce. Make sure you check file size again B 4 you upload. This way I can upload 11- 12 pages at one time. Make sure you do print out and write down what you uploaded, as VBMS gives it a number, and hard to tell what you uploaded, just date and a filie number.

I am doing this from memory, will get on my pc later and write this down step by step and upload to forum. Helps to have scanner, connected to your pc- both of my printers are wireless and pc is part of my home wi-fi system as well. I scan documents, put in file folders related to my claim,

and then back all this up on my portable USB thumb drive. This way I have record of what I have sent to VA. Works for me:)

Edited by vern2

I didn't get far enough to attach the file, so the program had no idea how large the file was. After I click the box to attach, it just churns and churns.

I was able to log into E-Benefits today finally, but, now it won't show me Compensation Status, Payment History, nor VA Letters. For a brief minute, I was able to open Benefits Explorer, and it showed the current rating of 100 % which I am, but didn't show me as being P&T which I am. Also seems like they corrected my age though. They have been showing me at 60 which is wrong because I'm 59, not a big deal, but, I am kind of wondering what is actually going on with E-Benefits!

Thanks for any replies.

Aggie