Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What To Wear To C + P

Rate this question

Mikemmlj

Question

I wear the same clothes almost everyday jeans and a plaid shirt-literally the same jeans and shirt everyday. I am thinking I should dress up a little for the C+P so they don't think I'm intentionally dressing down? But on the other hand people say be yourself . 3 days to C + P!

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I just wore what I normally wear every day, but it could differ a bit depending on what you are claiming. When I went for the C&P exam for my back, I also walked in wearing my VA-issued TENS unit and my back brace. I usually wear them anyway, so I figured the doc might start wondering if I did not wear them.

Definitely do some research about C&P exams and what to do/say when you are there. You are on the right track.

i've had a bunch and dressed all over the map. Depending on what C&P it is, shouldnt matter. Seems mental, they pay more attention than others. Just go with how you normally dress. If you'd normally shower and shave etc then do it. No need to alter. Just be prepared that they are going to mention neatly dressed or not on the c&P usually. To me, it is minor since the main idea is to go for whatever it is the C&P is for.

I would recommend that you get familiar with the questions they will be asking. this site has a plethora of information, including worksheets that they will genrally be going down. Also try and know what the crtieria you are suppose to have for such and such. Be clear and concise if possbile. Ask questions, just try to be friendly even if you are uncomfotable or angry or wahtever. they will pay attention to how you talk (whether you are rushing to get it out, calm and relaxed etc.). Be your own advocate. Research your own records.

What is the C&P for?

sorry I'm rambling, just guessing what to try and avoid. ALways be yourself, whether you are happy to be there or not.

On the report from last Friday, the examiner mentioned dress, eye contact and grooming. As others stated, it depends on what the C&P is for.

• HadIt.com Elder

Its is very important to dress the same as you would usually do. How you dress, how you walk if someone comes with you is noted.

It is important that you do not view a C&P as a job interview. It is also important to answer your questions not as you feel that day but how you feel most of the time.

Don't lie. Also if they ask about prior to service questions abut school and family best to be low key as you can.