Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cannot Manage Financial Affairs Box Checked :( !

Rate this question

DocNyger

Question

Hi all, hope everyone is having a great day. I have a question I'm hope someone could help me answer. I just had an IME done and he. Also completed a BDQ. On the DBQ, he checked the box no for can veteran manage their finances. What does that means once I get service connected? Also the original evaluations's DBQ checked yes in the box for can manage financial affairs. Does anyone know how the rater will look at it... .? One more thing is I notice that he didn't check or put anything in the files viewed area. Will that hurt me, because I heard that the Va like to say that the doctor didn't review my c file. Thanks in advance.

I fought for my country , now I'm fighting my country ... Something is not Right Here!!!

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

If the rater goes by the IME and stays with the no vice the yes the original C&p stated, do you think my 2 financial training certificates ( just went through bankruptcy from VA medical bills) . Would be okay to just submit with a NOD. .. Or should I just wait to see what happens before I get all involved and worked up.

I fought for my country , now I'm fighting my country ... Something is not Right Here!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Folks, every dollar has to be accounted for in these situations.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Phillip, I see now what you are saying, I have had a few Buds get screwed from there Spouse. My good friend made Headlines a few years ago, He was blown up in OIF and lost both legs. He became an Alcoholic and his mother stole over 100k from him, and was sent to prison for 3 years. She just got out a few months ago. What I should have said is that in my case, I have a wonderful wife of 11 years, and 2 great children. Also, my Wife had to sign forms for both the VA and SSDI that says if she misplaces or misuses my Govt funds, she can and will be charged with Govt Fraud and Misuse of Govt Funds. That is plenty of words to spook most folks, but there are some bad people out there that take advantage of Vets. As stated above DOC, if you feel you can manage all your financial affairs, then you can easily have those words reversed, and show the VA that you can infact take care of your financial world. Good luck.

100% PTSD

100% Back

60% Bladder Issues

50% Migraines 
30% Crohn's Disease

30% R Shoulder

20% Radiculopathy, Left lower    10% Radiculopathy, Right lower 
10% L Knee  10% R Knee Surgery 2005&2007
10% Asthma
10% Tinnitus
10% Damage of Cranial Nerve II

10% Scars

SMC S

SMC K

OEF/OIF VET     100% VA P&T, Post 911 Caregiver, SSDI

Yes I understand, you have to be mindful of the person in your life. Sometimes you just don't know how money will affect a person. A VA social working sounds like a great step Mike... Im really hoping that when it's all said and done.. I won't need it anyhow. Do you think that completion of financial classes will be suffice to show you are capable? I'm not sure why he checked the no box, I've not shown any reason for it in my opinion . Does anyone think it's because he selected total occupational and social box....?

Edited by DocNyger