Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sc Granted On Appeal From 2010, Now What?

Rate this topic

Bsoldier244 If your at 80% SC, your still 20% effective. With VA math, you need something rated at 30%-50% to get you to 90%SC. Something rated at 75% would get you to 95=100%. A very tough hill to climb.

Even though you have an 80% SC rating, I don't think you qualify for a scheduler inferred IU claim, but there is always an extra-scheduler claim. Refer to TDIU claim requirements in the 38 CFR 4 Regs. Your complete SC disability picture may currently affect your ability to obtain or maintain "Gainful Employment," currently income at or above aprox $14,000 per year. This amount changes with the US Census poverty level income for (1) person each year. An IU claim would be greatly assisted if you had been through the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Program and been denied. The VA will accept a VA Voc Rehab Denial letter as proof you can't currently be retrained for "Gainful Employment." This is a very important piece of "GOLD" to your IU claim. Good Luck.

Semper Fi

Gastone

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

As it stands right now I see an error. You should be receiving 90%, not 80%, now , if you already have ratings of 50, 50, 40, 30, 10 & 10. Your new award may bring you to 95 or more, which could round up to 100%, depending on whether they award a bilateral factor, which I think they do. You could have a major payday coming, if I'm correct. Check my numbers w/38 CFR 4.25 and then wait and see what they do. They should award 90%, back to your latest rating award, if I'm correct. I ran the numbers 3 times but I also make mistakes once in a while. Please, anyone, correct me if I'm wrong!! jmo http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/4.25

I just checked the numbers, again, and I show 92%, rounded down to 90%, and that's before this new award. So they owe you 10%, back to your last award, when they gave you the 80%.

pr

Edited by Philip Rogers

I would use the disability calculator on the home page of Hadit and plug in all your ratings starting with the highest first to the lowest. I dont know how the bilateral factor works tho.

I punched the numbers you have below your post and I come up with 91.495 so you should be 90% now not counting you other leg or bilateral factor

I included the link to it for you bud below

http://www.hadit.com/service_connected_disabilities_rating_calculator.php#sthash.C7vmGCWd.dpbs

Edited by vet201060

Went from "Pending decision approval a few weeks ago" to "Gathering evidence" again.....then today, switched back to "Pending decision approval". Maybe something soon, for good or ill. It looks like this is the claim ive had pending for about a year. The appeal has disappeared from the Appeals screen, and the current claim screen. Might they have rolled it up together into one claim?

Edited by brokensoldier244th

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

-Preparation for Notification.......-

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

claim closed dated yesterday. Checked Ebenefits letter generator and im currently rated at 90% effective January, 2014. Haven't gotten the letter yet, but I was rated at 80% so something bumped it up. I have a appeal that has to come back to the RO from BVA, but I doubt that will net more than 10%,l maybe 20% depending on the wording for radicuopathy being 'moderate'. If rated, it will make me 10% 1 leg (existing) and whatever on the other one that I appealed about 4 yrs ago.

Anywho, a small win is a win. Ill take it, for now.

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use