VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Is There A Wounded Warrior Project?

Rate this question

Slowlane

Question

I agree with all you guys. If the VA and Govt did what they promised when they had us Join and Go to War, then as you guys stated there would be no need for WWP. I have Tricare for Life, SSDI Insurance and VA 100% care, yet when I fell a few months ago due to my SC L Knee, I broke 5 ribs and tore my Pectoral Muscle. So I had to go to Civilian Emergency Room down the Street from a my VA that did not have an Emergency Room. What happens next, a few weeks ago I get a bill for $454, WTH! As an Old Man in my Town told my Once, what is the point of a Hand Shake between two Men, if it means nothing in the End!

I believe that when the WWP started out several years ago, it was a

good program that was needed.

I believe that NOW the WWP is just out for money with lots of it

going to the employees in paychecks.

You hit on the head Carlie. Every new program the Govt comes up with, and creates all these Radio Jingles and TV Ads, sounds, looks and smells good at first. Then the Cows Step, Trample and Poop all over it over time!

Carlie,

After reading your comments I checked out WWP on the Charity Navigator website. As usual, you are right. Only 57.9 % of WWP funds are spent on the programs and services it delivers. The CEO of WWP has an annual salary of $311,538. To say I am disappointed would be an understatement. There are several other charities listed on Charity Navigator that spend over 90% of their revenue on similar programs and services for veterans and their families. In the future, I will checkout the charity before I donate.

Thanks.

Kinda like the IRS..........YOU gotta buy the software and do your own taxes or hire someone...........Then the IRS gets to grade you on how well you did it. Hell, they are taking your money......seems like they would do your taxes.

better yet, a point-of-purchase tax and get rid of the whole bunch. Same for the Va.

I definitely know the crap the IRS puts us thru. I filed my taxes last month and had to pay $806, so I mailed the check in. Then this week I get another bill from IRS, saying that I owe them $186 interest on the $806, WTH. I did not want any issues in the future with the IRS, so I mailed that check in today. My wife is so pissed, and she is waiting for another bill to arrive. There is always a catch when it comes to the Govt.