VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Why Is There A Wounded Warrior Project?

Rate this question

Slowlane

Question

I did not mean to change the subject. They can afford to fight a war in Afghanistan and bomb Iraq. They can also hire 300,000 employees to insure that your denials are pristine and up-to-date.

Sadly they cannot afford to compensate Veterans.

They will however, kill you for free with frustration, waiting lists and backlogs.

Proof: the 400 pound Gorilla in the room is THE MERE EXISTENCE OF THE WOUNDED WARRIOR PROJECT.

They should state in their commercials that Vietnam veterans are not eligible. Sounds like they only provide assistance to post 9/11 veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

When the money flows greed takes over. I know that the wounded warrior project does good work. I have no problems that they limit who they can help. I belonged to a DAV Chapter and was elected Adjutant where I discovered that the income of about 300,000 a year was mostly spent on members going to DAV meetings. In Las Vegas, New orleans and other travel destinations.

I quit and joined a local VVA where most of their money and volunteer work went to helping Veterans. I am sure it could be the opposite somewhere else.

Today in the review and fixing the VA I think that Service officers and their training should be part of the review. They shoudl be tested and certified.