VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Cannabis

Rate this topic

JR, thats probably Marinol... It came out in 1980's... its synthetic THC. And it is possible to overdose on marinol... It is however impossible to overdose on cannabis.

I am glad to see they are giving the option in at least one VA.. but I doubt most doctors in the VA system are aware of its benefits, considering the knowledge that is lacking in the Endocannabinoid System in the entire medical community.

If anyone wants to know what the safety profile is on cannabis... just checkout the 1988 DEA Marijuana Rescheduling Petition Court Docket #86-22 Finding of facts page 56-60

http://www.oregon.gov/pharmacy/Imports/Marijuana/Public/SRay/CourtDocket86-22.pdf

They even say other cancer medications available today which are consider "safe" have shown to cause cancer.

• 2 months later...

I am not saying that it is right or anything, but I do use it occasionally when my sleep pattern gets mucked up and my nightmares are high. My brother brought me some medicinal and edibles from CA and the edibles do a very effective job, but they take longer to kick in so they are best in combination with smoking a little to get things started and by the time that starts wearing off the edibles kick in. They do wonders for my joint pain as well. The wife doesn't like it so I don't tell her. My VA social worker says he doesn't care if it works. I get tested every 4 months and they have never said anything.

• HadIt.com Elder

I wish the VA would pass it, so many pain meds just does not work and a lot of veterans would finally get some much needed relief!

• 2 months later...

I use it medically every so often and was recently surprised drug tested for my medications at the VA. I passed the drug test somehow, I had smoked 2 weeks straight at night when my daughter was in the hospital so I could get some sleep. I had 18 hours notice two days removed. I took a high dose of vitamin B, 2 multi-vitamins, a high dose of aspirin and drank a lot of lemon water. I passed with flying colors. My physical doctor (NP) said she don't want me using it for pain, but my psychiatrist and therapist is ok with it. All VA people. It helps me tremendously with both anxiety, my PTSD and physical pain. They did cut my opiates down so I guess I will be using it more. They cut my opiates down because of my weight and sleep apnea.

• 1 month later...

I just saw a show where a Veteran with PTSD has been using medicinal marijuana to treat his PTSD and has had some great effects. He went from suicidal to only using the marijuana and doing very well.

• 2 weeks later...