VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Cannabis

Rate this topic

Georgia tried to pass a medical marijuana law last year but it failed. They plan to introduce a new bill this coming year which is primarily directed at using medical marijuana to treat seizures, especially in children. The bill is expected to pass.

I was offered Medical MJ for my Glaucauma, I did not spell it right, don't remember. Anyways I figure with the Many Mental Issues that I have, I don't want to add fuel to the fire. I never tried it when it was Illegal and I have never had a drink, so I don't plan on starting now. Just asking for the Crazy Formula to get worse bud. As always, this is just my opinion.

• HadIt.com Elder

USA government does not approve of medical MJ and neither does the VA. If MJ shows up in your urine or bloodwork at the VA you have a problem. I sure think it should be legal, but the VA has other ideas. I think all drugs should be legal since illegal drug money is what funds organized crime all over the world.

John

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm considering applying for a card, here, in VT. It's approved for medical use. I would ingest it, as I won't smoke anything, since I gave up cigarettes, in 1977. Our lungs are meant to inhale air and that's it.

An old friend, a chronic pain patient, has a medical MJ card and uses it when the pain is really bad and at night, to sleep. It seems to work well for her.

When I lived in Idaho, it was my understanding that the Spokane, WA, VAMC, would issue it to patients, who lived in WA but couldn't for patients, in ID.

pr

If anyone actually did the research... they would realize that Cannabis is a huge part of our bodies requirements.

We have what is called an Endocannabinoid system in our bodies

Our bodies create the chemicals found in cannabis.. Cannabinoids are produced naturally in Human's and Animals..

This is why it is impossible to overdose on it as stated by the DEA.

Just read this court document:

finding of facts on page 56-60 by the DEA in 1988

http://www.oregon.gov/pharmacy/Imports/Marijuana/Public/SRay/CourtDocket86-22.pdf

They also mention that other legal "safe" cancer drugs cause cancer..

Endocannabiods pretty much regulates everything...

Immune System

tumors

Mood

And the list goes on and on..

There is considerable evidence that cannabis signals to tumors cell to die, while leaving healthy cells in tact..

I can show you numerous research documents regarding this... and that everything we have been told about cannabis is a complete lie.

I personally have found that cannabis has helped me.. as I was in a couple IED explosions.. so I get pretty bad headaches.

Cannabis has helped me a number of my disabilities

PTSD - I usually do not dream anymore, less anxiety, less irritable, I sleep better when I get to sleep.

headaches - it usually makes migraines go away... that previously did not go away for 2-4 days. S

motiviation - people think it makes you lazy. While some strains (Indica ) have more sedative / lazy effect... The sativa strain is more energetic pain killer.. I can be fully functional (programming, working around the house etc) while baked..

GERD - don't need Imodium anymore..

Stomache ache - it just works.

Nausea - again.. works for that too..

Did I mention you have Endocannbinoids lined in your gut, intestines.. brain.. EVERYWHERE?

Ps.. Don't talk about cannabis over at vets.yuku.com... they will kick you off if you state FACTS. I guess we as vets no longer have free speech?

Endocannabinoid research:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21428888

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19457575

Cannabinoids endocannabinoids are anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative, anti-invasive, anti-metastatic and
pro-apoptotic in most cancers, in vitro and in vivo in animals. -
University of Aberdeen, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Cancer Medicine Research
Group, Aberdeen, United Kingdom.
National Cancer Institute:

Antitumor activity

• Studies in mice and rats have shown that cannabinoids may inhibit tumor growth by causing cell death, blocking cell growth, and blocking the development of blood vessels needed by tumors to grow. Laboratory and animal studies have shown that cannabinoids may be able to kill cancer cells while protecting normal cells.

• A study in mice showed that cannabinoids may protect against inflammation of the colon and may have potential in reducing the risk of colon cancer, and possibly in its treatment.

• A laboratory study of delta-9-THC in hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer) cells showed that it damaged or killed the cancer cells. The same study of delta-9-THC in mouse modelsof liver cancer showed that it had antitumor effects. Delta-9-THC has been shown to cause these effects by acting on molecules that may also be found in non-small cell lung cancercells and breast cancer cells.

• A laboratory study of cannabidiol in estrogen receptor positive and estrogen receptor negative breast cancer cells showed that it caused cancer cell death while having little effect on normal breast cells.

• A laboratory study of cannabidiol in human glioma cells showed that when given along withchemotherapy, cannabidiol may make chemotherapy more effective and increase cancer cell death without harming normal cells.