Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Won Claim

Rate this topic

raymondb50

Submitted claim for PTSD Nov 13. This past Thursday my DAV rep called me and notified me I won and rated 70% for ptsd 80% combined. He also stated retro date back to 2009 and to expect a nice chunk of change. Checked my ab8 letter and it states effective date 1Jan14. Wondering if he got me mixed up with one if his other Vets. I guess I'll wAit for the Envelope! What do you guys think?

It was also a bitter sweet call. He stated the VA wants me to come back in and file for diabetes and high BP. I had no idea I had diabetes! Now it makes sense why I'm always extremely tired and shake on a daily basis. I remember seeing my personnel provider at the VA and had a full work up last year. I guess she didn't think it was important to notify me of the results. I will be going to her office first thing in the a.m! Gotta love that VA healthcare : /

Thanks everyone for your help! God bless

This is great Raymond!

If you are unemployed, and VA knew that they should mention TDIU in the decision and enclose the TDIU form.

"It was also a bitter sweet call. He stated the VA wants me to come back in and file for diabetes and high BP. I had no idea I had diabetes! Now it makes sense why I'm always extremely tired and shake on a daily basis. I remember seeing my personnel provider at the VA and had a full work up last year. I guess she didn't think it was important to notify me of the results. I will be going to her office first thing in the a.m! Gotta love that VA healthcare : "

Gee, I hope the vet rep IS reading the right info...but this is concerning to me as well as to you......

Are you a Vietnam veteran or served in Thailand or Korea , and are within their AO presumptive criteria?

Lately I think I have seen here 2 other vets, whereby the VA itself recognized a potential disability....They sure dont do that often.

This could be a Sec 1151 matter as well as direct SC......

If you have read my stuff here regarding diabetes, the VA never diagnosed my husband with it, nor treated him for it , but I proved he had it and it contributed to his death.

I did have 2 IMOs from Dr Bash and a freeby from a former VA Neuro, but before I paid the 4 thousand bucks these 2 IMOs from Dr Bash cost, I researched DMII a lot and I knew the claim was medically solid.

The VAMC 'didn't think it was important to notify ' him of the fact he had a heart attack ,and . progressive symptoms of both IHD and DMII for 6 years.

When I started to question them, after he had many TIAs and then a major stroke, they tried to cover up the actual medical situation he was in.

I hope this isnt the case here, and they will do a work up ( to CTA) and hopefully they have not caused you additional medical problems with the lack of timely diagnosis,
(which VA is in trouble over due to Phoenix vet deaths)

The HBP..... when my FTCA was over, I FOIAed OGC to get the internal final medical opinion. The 1151 claim award only had a brief but horrible quote from it.

In the 2 page report, it stated as to his HBP, that VA had malpracticed severely on , per the med report, and along with a contraindicated medication (part of my FTCA charges)
this had caused his catastrophic stroke and impacted on his undiagnosed heart disease and contributed to his death..

If you do have diabetes, you didn't get it overnight.At least, Thank God, they will treat it now.

I think VA is very concerned about the new fee basis idea VA is implementing...whereby vets in some cases can get private care, via VA.

I think those private doctors might well discover in some cases, the treatment and maybe even the diagnosis for some vets has been all wrong and that could end up costing VA more money ( and more bad press) if those vets find that they have valid FTCA and 1151 issues..

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use