VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Im Amazed

Rate this question

Archer

Question

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Some folks here have mentioned that they have healed up enough to do more or come off the program entirely. Sometimes all it takes is just a good extended break to heal and a career change.

In other cases, I would imagine folks being worried that doing more than piddling could place their benefits at risk.

Thanks for reminding everyone here that here that SSI is not necessarily a one way program.

Before I was awarded va comp i was on ssi (not ssdi) and i used the ticket to work program. I was able to work for about 1.5 months before my mental problems started causing me a lot of trouble at work. I filed for va because i knew i would never return to work. That doesnt mean the ticket to work program does not work. I have several friends who have went back to work through the program. I however have schizophrenia full blown where they suffer from either bipolar, depression, and or mild schizophrenia.

I was on other sites mentioning the ticket to work program and people were telling me i was crazy... Some people live their whole lives not knowing about opprotunities. Almost like some veterans not knowing they can file for va c/p