VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Buddy Statememt

Rate this question

me.plum

Question

My lawyer said buddy statement would help me because I couldn't find some of the things I said happen . I looked under mishaps , incidents , accidents class A ,B , and C with no luck. What the Hell looked under facebook for my old squadron and found 32 members . Four of them remember the incident , two of the four emailed me what they scene and who they where. Lawyer said no,no, it must be filled out on V.A. letter head with ssn members. The Veterans are scared that it can be used against them and I cant really blame them for feeling that way because of no accountability in V.A.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

It should be done either on a VA "Statement in Support of Claim" form or as a sworn affidavit and notarized. I don't believe the SSN's are needed, however, it must be a sworn affidavit to carry any legal weight, and since it is a sworn statement it carries with it, the weight of the perjury laws, meaning if they lie, they can be charged.

pr

If a so called buddy can't write a buddy statement for you then they are not your buddy. I had four buddy statement written for me with no problems, I have wrote two buddy statements for others Marines. Using the VA statement to support claim form did the trick.

Edited by marine0816

If they are SC vets there should be no problem if they even put their C file number on the statement.

We have buddy statement info here:

and other places here under search for Buddy Statements

I think that they wonder why VA has given me such a hard time and am I on the up and up. I'm a Beirut vet 82-83, rounds being fired all the time. My DD-214 does not reflex that, I fell off the top of a ch-46 broke ankle in three places. I was in the hospital for three days at Lejune, that leg is over 1and a half inches shorter. The Buddy's where chew chiefs, Two Sargent's and a Gunny. Over 35yrs stop everything to help me, one was buying a home. Semper fi