VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Waiting 2 Years For Independent Living Program

Rate this question

willie 74

Question

Hello everyone,

I was approved for Voc Rehab and during the program my health just got worse. I was awarded TDIU no future exams and also completed my degree. I did fill out a ILP questioner almost two years ago and have not heard from anyone since. I have called and E-mail my counselor with no response until recently. He wanted to know if I was employed and such, I advised him about my reward and the questioner I filled out at his request two years ago. He does not return calls or my emails. What should I do at this point? Thank you...

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I agree with Mike bud, if you get there first thing in the Morning, you will get an answer even if they make you wait all day. Sorry to hear of your troubles, and good luck. Keep us posted

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Call them starting about 10 minutes before they officially open their doors. Keep calling until you get through.

Waiting two years for the ILP kinda defeats the whole purpose of having the ILP in the first place.

• HadIt.com Elder

Paper trail.........you might call them, you may have filed for it two years ago, but can you prove it? As bad as things are, I do not see them getting better until you push this.......Did I mention paper trail?