VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re-evaluation

Rate this question

magicnative

Question

Brothers and Sisters,

I am SC 70% with IU for PTSD as of 03/2004. Today I got a letter from the VA saying that I was going to be re-evaluated to make sure everything is proper. In my award letter it said "no further exams will be scheduled" and on the last page it said that I became P&T as of March 2004. Does anyone know about this re-evaluation? I don't have the date yet and they didn't call it a C&P. Is it really another C&P?

Thanks for your help,

Judi :angry:

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest fla_viking

Dear Veteran

The Veitnam veterans of America on the PTSD issue was advertizing for one case so they could challege it n a court of law. THis is the same VA tactic differnt issue. VVA may be interested in nipping these reviews in the bud if they get your case.

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder

I think what Terry is saying is that the VVA is looking for a test case where the VA tries to take benefits away from a PTSD vet after saying they would not do this, the dogs. According to the Disability Commission the VA was not going to go after PTSD vets to try and find holes in their stressors and such. But it appears that was just a lie. They still must think PTSD vets are making up stories to get money. They think PTSD vets are vulnerable to being cut because of lack of verification of stressors. You got the PH so no worries in that regard. This is how a grateful nation treats their wounded. Damn them all to hell. They see the tidal wave of PTSD cases coming home from Iraq and they don't want to pay. That is my opinion.

My daughter has written a letter stating that their letter has caused a lot of problems and that I do not work and have not worked and all the other things that still are the same as they were. I will make copies of everything and send it in to them. I still don't know when this appointment is going to be.

I have to get through the stress of seeing a neurologist Thursday for the MS. I am on SSD and I'll be finding out what they will cover with the Medicare. I hear MS medications are really expensive.

Thanks for all your input. I'll keep you posted.

Judi

• HadIt.com Elder
My daughter has written a letter stating that their letter has caused a lot of problems and that I do not work and have not worked and all the other things that still are the same as they were. I will make copies of everything and send it in to them. I still don't know when this appointment is going to be.

I have to get through the stress of seeing a neurologist Thursday for the MS. I am on SSD and I'll be finding out what they will cover with the Medicare. I hear MS medications are really expensive.

Thanks for all your input. I'll keep you posted.

Judi

Judi - this is sounding like a new claim for MS. Is it?? If it's a new claim, then the VA would request a new C&P, even if you were P&T for PTSD. PR

• HadIt.com Elder

Judi said she did NOT file any new claims.

However, if she was diagnosed with MS by the VAMC, one of the medical personnel might have flagged the new disability as an "inferreed claim" and asked the RO for a C&P, but I doubt they're that on the ball !!

I think the VA Computers are WHACKED !!

Honestly, we all know that the right and left hands of the VA (VAMC and VARO) seldom communicate effectively. They've spent MILLIONS on new software and computers that crash ...

Like I said earlier, the VAMC seldom updates its BIRLS to show current awards.