VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Re-evaluation

Rate this question

magicnative

Question

Brothers and Sisters,

I am SC 70% with IU for PTSD as of 03/2004. Today I got a letter from the VA saying that I was going to be re-evaluated to make sure everything is proper. In my award letter it said "no further exams will be scheduled" and on the last page it said that I became P&T as of March 2004. Does anyone know about this re-evaluation? I don't have the date yet and they didn't call it a C&P. Is it really another C&P?

Thanks for your help,

Judi :angry:

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest fla_viking

Dear veterans.

Jhon is right. The VVA is looking to challenge the VA right to look into our claims in the first place. The VVA noted because the VA wrote down no criteria, or rules on what they were going to review and how they were to review it. There was to much of a chance of being arbitrary, and who is to say the VA ajudicators who re review the claims are any more competant than those who granted the claim.

It was already promised by the VA thorugh pressure from congress, In fact I think they passed a law to the effect that no vet would loose there comp because of VA error or paper work problems.

Terry Higgins

• HadIt.com Elder

You know the VA seldom looks into a vet's C-File if ever beyond the first few pages. Inferred claims should be a priority, but the VA has never filed one for me and I have several conditions that should have been inferred claims but I have to file on them or nothing happens. Wings is right that the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing at the VA. Say, for instance, you have high glucose readings will the VA file an inferred claim for DMII? Don't hold your breath. The untreated DMII leads to many secondary conditions but will the VA jump on this to prevent further disability or death? No, they do nothing even when it is right in their face. Many times they do not even treat the condition much less alert someone in claims to do something like an inferred claim.

Back in June I received this letter from the VA. I am tdiu for Parkinsons disease as well as anxiety disorder. I to freaked out as I wa worried that they were about to pool the rug out so to speak. a week later my so contacted me about filling out the did you work form . I filled it out and it all went away. I beileve that this is one of those letters that is automatically generated when other forms are sent. I.E. did you work form. If you are IU and work then be prepared to be questioned as you should be.

Just my opinion

Chris

• HadIt.com Elder
My daughter has written a letter stating that their letter has caused a lot of problems and that I do not work and have not worked and all the other things that still are the same as they were. I will make copies of everything and send it in to them. I still don't know when this appointment is going to be.

I have to get through the stress of seeing a neurologist Thursday for the MS. I am on SSD and I'll be finding out what they will cover with the Medicare. I hear MS medications are really expensive.

Thanks for all your input. I'll keep you posted.

Judi

Judi - if you are being paid at the 100% rate your MS meds should be free from the VA, even if it is not service-connected. You shouldn't be worrying about that. pr

Well...I just got a call from my SO and he says I should not bring up the MS because they might say that the PTSD got better and the depression is from the MS. The letter my daughter wrote mentions it so I guess I am not going to have her send it. Actually, I had a migraine in August and the doctor did all these MRI's and they discovered the demylenation in my brain. I didn't even know I had it. Anyway, he said to just go to the evaluation and not worry about it. That is not so easy to do as you all know. I did not file a claim for the MS but my VA doctor put the results of the MRI's in my records. I don't know...it's all so confusing.

• HadIt.com Elder
Well...I just got a call from my SO and he says I should not bring up the MS because they might say that the PTSD got better and the depression is from the MS. The letter my daughter wrote mentions it so I guess I am not going to have her send it. Actually, I had a migraine in August and the doctor did all these MRI's and they discovered the demylenation in my brain. I didn't even know I had it. Anyway, he said to just go to the evaluation and not worry about it. That is not so easy to do as you all know. I did not file a claim for the MS but my VA doctor put the results of the MRI's in my records. I don't know...it's all so confusing.

Sounds like your SO is an a**hole. Unless you feel your PTSD has gotten better, also? Any chance the MS could be SC? Is the evalution a C&P? For MS?

pr