Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bbe Arrived Today.

Rate this topic

DDuck

You could make copies of your diagnosis of stage 3 kidney disease private records and/or VA vista records. Look at the DBQ for kidney disease and if a private doctor ask them to fill it out and send that too. Find more evidence of your GERD and send that in as well. In a statement ask that they reconsider those two conditions based on the evidence you have submitted. I would do this pronto. The year is ticking away to put in a NOD for an appeal. You need to rack up those percentages to get SMC housebound and a caregiver, aid and attendance, if you should need ever need those things. There are other SMCs that you may consider, but I don't know much about the subject. Asknod has it down to a T.

I submitted records of my medical board from 1984 that the VA had somehow lost. A rater called me up and said those conditions were "caught" and I would be SC for them. Like Berta stated, most of the time you have to rub their nose in it before they see it.

Congrats! way to hang in there!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Gator, the GERD looks like it was denied because they state I applied for Service Connection. I filed my GERD under secondary to back from pain meds (Ibprofen). I will go down tuesday and see whats up with that. I do not think it could be evidence related as I have over 10 years of endo pictures showing hital and Barretts. Plus the doctors telling me I needed get off the 800mg twice daily because it was screwing me. I filed this because of this site, I would have never known to do that.

On the NOD if I send the paperwork which I orginally filed show I was requesting Secondary condition would that be enough? I'll look into this if no one has an answer.

Thanks Greg my summary did state P&T no future exams scheduled on eBennies then found the letter stuffed in my BBE.

Oct 9 I see my Nephro Doc and do another 24 hr clearance test. I will take my Apr and Oct and file that as a NOD?

Thanks all!

Dan

• Founder

Congratulations DDuck, great news.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use