VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Va Rule In Federal Register On 25 Sept 2014.

Rate this question

vern2

Question

This is on eBenefits. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not.

A Rule by the Veterans Affairs Department on 09/25/2014

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) amends its adjudication regulations and the appeals regulations and rules of practice of the Board of Veterans' Appeals (Board) to require that all claims governed by VA's adjudication regulations be filed on standard forms prescribed by the Secretary, regardless of the type of claim or posture in which the claim arises.

Note: this applies to NOD as well as any type of appeal or claim. The emphasis is MUST be filed on the standard VA form. HATE THIS RULE! VA is still screwing with the vets as usual.

Vern2

• HadIt.com Elder

Or does this rule mean that veterans must file informal claims on a V.A. supplied form entitled Statement in Support of Claim or that some other form must be used by veterans. I hate this rule too. Does it mean that a notice of disagreement must be filed on the same Statement in Support of claim form?

s

Or does this rule mean that veterans must file informal claims on a V.A. supplied form entitled Statement in Support of Claim or that some other form must be used by veterans. I hate this rule too. Does it mean that a notice of disagreement must be filed on the same Statement in Support of claim form?

s

Rules like this promote efficiency and less loss by volume in my opinion. You need things to be in a format to run an efficient ship. The VA provides the forms to people who need them; you could call and have them sent to you.

This will make it harder for older and less educated vets.

I actually think quite the opposite, because it lays it out box by box, which should make it fairly easy for someone to follow along. It keeps vet's from putting the wrong stuff so that no one understands what they want.

Each one of my claim denials has provided me instructions on how to appeal, what to request etc.

Edited by CBaker84