VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filed For Ssdi, Quarters Quesstion

Rate this question

cowgirl

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

SS office told me I needed to earn enough credits during last 5 years, however my application I submitted will remain open unitl that time. Everything I read said last 10 years. Didnt work between 94-03. Work a little now, can work at the price of my health. How can I win ?thanks. cg

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder
SS office told me I needed to earn enough credits during last 5 years, however my application I submitted will remain open unitl that time. Everything I read said last 10 years. Didnt work between 94-03. Work a little now, can work at the price of my health. How can I win ?thanks. cg

You need to get your disability onset date to somewhere between 94-03.

pr

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks, will double check into that. Very true, my physical disability did in fact surface during that time frame. Thanks for the wake up call. Lumbar strain and circulation problems with legs, flat feet, plantar fascious, edema, military surgery; mensicus issue on knee.Havent had VA sugery, but do get support socks/sole inserts and physical therapy for back. Possible that I vaguely answered the question at SSDI intake regards when disabliity onset, because I was recalling back to day of onset during service, rather than current larger issues.cg

Remember to get anything you get from SS or VA in writing or it doesn't count. They cannot be held accountable for anything "said." You may need to get to the ALJ level to get your disability starting during the period 94-03. The closer to 94 the better - the higher your rate would probably be. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

They should they have done it before Bonnie. You probably should see a Lawyer who does SS Claims.

cowgirl,

I ritered on disability from the fed. in97. the ss sent me a ltr. annualy telling me I didn"t qualify for ss. I knew that I didn't pay any last 21 yrs. was on SSDI 6 before that 6 in svc. before that so no 40 qtrs. hit 62 now ltr says I can retire if I want. cause I qualify don't need 40 qtrs I'm on disability. Suggest u research Social Security Title of Law because they are just like VA they even swap records annually.

• HadIt.com Elder

Aus, thanks, I get ssdi. It was Bonnie that asked the updated question - a very good question too. I get the understanding that you have been on ssdi for a long time and can retire now, good for you!

Cg'up2009

p.s. am far, far from regular ssa retirement - giggles!

cowgirl,

I ritered on disability from the fed. in97. the ss sent me a ltr. annualy telling me I didn"t qualify for ss. I knew that I didn't pay any last 21 yrs. was on SSDI 6 before that 6 in svc. before that so no 40 qtrs. hit 62 now ltr says I can retire if I want. cause I qualify don't need 40 qtrs I'm on disability. Suggest u research Social Security Title of Law because they are just like VA they even swap records annually.

Edited by cowgirl