VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva's Wait Time On Tdiu Claims

Rate this question

MPsgt

Question

I currently have a claim at the Board of Veteran Appeals. It has been with the BVA since 09/24/2013. I signed a waiver. Requesting that BVA make a decision on my claim and not my Veteran Affairs Regional Office in Kentucky. This appeal remained at the VARO for two years without a favorable resolution. I'm expecting at least another 18 months or longer with BVA. What say others to this topic?

Edited by MPsgt

MP: Considering your current BVA situation, what is or has been your thought on actual Legal Representation? I was good to go at DRO Level, but I was preparing to hire a VA Accredited Appeals Attorney if denied. I look at the 20% of possible Retro as being MUCHO better than 100% of continued Denial. VSO Reps mean well but are they the best representation at BVA and beyond? I don't think so. I guess it all comes down to how long your willing to wait and if you need to be sure your case is presented with the least possibility of Remand. Time is MONEY. Say $20K legal fee for $80K in your pocket today Vs another yr or so and possible Denial or Remand if something is missed by you or VSO, I think needs to be given careful consideration. I think the saying goes, "An attorney that represents himself, has a fool for a client." Your going up against VA Attorneys and Judges at BVA and beyond. Is your VSO up to the challenge?

Semper Fi

Gastone

I've received my BVA Decision letter regarding my claim for TDIU Docket #13-16-416. The ORDER; As of September 14, 2011, a TDIU is granted, subject to the laws and regulations governing payment of monetary benefits. This date was my last date of employment with the Federal government. Below is a list of my appeal timeline:

September 14, 2011 applied for TDIU

September 11, 2013 conducted travel board hearing at Louisville, KY VARO

October 24, 2013 BVA assigned docket #

April 20, 2015 BVA approved appeal for TDIU

April 23, 2015 received BVA decision letter via snail mail.

I'm just waiting for an award letter. There are no current changes on my e-benefits/VA letter generator too. 80% SC TDIU