Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rating Question

Rate this question

USMC3024

Question

I had two C&P exams for my claim; one was for Tinnitus and the other for PTSD. I completed my Tinnitus exam on 10/03/2014; the doctor stated my hearing was excellent; however I still have ringing in my ears triggered by loud noises. Is it still possible to receive a rating since the DR told me my hearing excellent? My PTSD exam was 10/07/2014, I feel the exam went well, we spoke about my experiences and how they effect me, the DR seemed to hint that I had met all the requirements layer out for PTSD. My questions are how does the VA rate PTSD when the C&P examiner most likely will be more detailed in my PTSD triggers and effects then what I have reviewed on MYHEALTHEVET from what the VA doctor’s have written. From my experience the VA doctors do not put all of the information and make what I say to them better than what it is when they write up their statements after our sessions. Also, does anyone know how long I may have to wait for a rating if my exams are done? I understand that it is different for every claim, I’m just fishing for some different timeframes from people. FYI both my exams were contracted out through VES. I appreciate everyone’s time and assistance, this has been a crappy ordeal and leaves me with the impression the VA sugar coates everything I have said to them about my daily life (Anger, marital issues, nightmares, not sleeping). Again, thank you.

The C&P results from a VA examiner (not a contractor) are supposedly available via the VA facility that has the veteran listed as a patient in either the VAMC or a clinic under the VAMC.

The catch in my area is that you have to go to the VAMC in person, and make a written request for the record(s). Ask for particular and recent records, not old ones. The fewer the pages, the better.

My exam was through a contractor and I called VES today to make sure I did not have any additional exams ( I don't) but they were not able to provide me a copy of the results, but they did confirm that both my exams had been sent and received by the VA. Im impressed with the efficiency they have displayed as of now.

I filed for tinnitus in 2010, was denied, but finally won an award in May 2012. The problem I originally had was I had claimed Post Concussive Syndrome and several other problems that were always denied.. The C & P Doc kept reporting "less than likely" until I got a C&P just for tinnitus. This time he approved it as service connected and I got the award. I had been out of the Army since Jan 1968, so time or age did not make a difference. I had a 63C MOS while on active duty. I suggest you keep trying for SC tinnitus.

Buddy

I also recently had a C&P for PTSD, hearing, ankle and knee problems (Last week) and my claim in ebenefits is already at pending decision approval, which suprised the hell out of me, especially since my regional office is Oakland, which has a huge backlog.I dont want ot give them too much credit, especially since it has been over two years since my claim was filed, they closed my original because i got deployed for 6 months, and then havent even given me my original 20 percent checks since i returned last Nov. I can say that at my hearing test they did a revaluation for tinnitus as part of the hearing C&P. From what i have seen it is pretty hard to get a rating for hearing.

I also recently had a C&P for PTSD, hearing, ankle and knee problems (Last week) and my claim in ebenefits is already at pending decision approval, which suprised the hell out of me, especially since my regional office is Oakland, which has a huge backlog.I dont want ot give them too much credit, especially since it has been over two years since my claim was filed, they closed my original because i got deployed for 6 months, and then havent even given me my original 20 percent checks since i returned last Nov. I can say that at my hearing test they did a revaluation for tinnitus as part of the hearing C&P. From what i have seen it is pretty hard to get a rating for hearing.

That is good to hear that you will hopefully soon your claim will be completed. Please keep me updated.

I checked eBenefits today and my claim has now moved to the "Preparation for Decision" stage, I'm hoping all goes well, From what I have read this does not mean anything as it can jump between stages. I called VES and was told that all of my requested C&P exams have been completed, so hopefully everything moves smoothly from here on out. Fingers crossed.

If I remember right, according to the newer regs/criteria,

an initial C&P for PTSD must come from VA - I do not know if this

would include coming from a contracted examiner, but it probably does.

Just saying.