Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

This New Change Medicaton Changes?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I understand it that the VA Pharmacy will no longer refill schedule II narcotic medication hydrocodone (pain meds) but every 28 days as of Oct 6th 2014...before this change I got prescriptions via mail with 6 months of refills...I live to far from the VAMC to go there ever 28 days to see a VA Doc to get a 28 day supply...This applys to both VA & Retail

I can understand the concern of addictive potential, but when some one is in pain and that's bout all you can take to help grrr..Just another way cutting back on spending and it sucks for us vets that need it..for pain that is!

Edited by britton

I understand it that the VA Pharmacy will no longer refill schedule II narcotic medication hydrocodone (pain meds) but every 28 days as of Oct 6th 2014...before this change I got prescriptions via mail with 6 months of refills...I live to far from the VAMC to go there ever 28 days to see a VA Doc to get a 28 day supply...This applys to both VA & Retail

I can understand the concern of addictive potential, but when some one is in pain and that's bout all you can take to help grrr..Just another way cutting back on spending and it sucks for us vets that need it..for pain that is!

Yes, this is a new change in the schedule nation wide, civilian sector too.

I've got mine set up already with my VA - PCP.

Each month I just call and leave a message for her to refill my hydrocodone.

For me it is a full 30 day supply - 10MG - 60 TAB.

For the month of October it arrived overnighted by FedX, they rang the doorbell

and I signed for acceptance.

For me, so far . . . easy - peasy !

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes Tbird it sure is Thank You!

Carlie you don't have to see your Dr? labs test ect,,ect,, every 3 months? I understand they can only prescribe up to 3 months you have to see your Dr (every 3 months... ..so when you see your pcp he/she set up your scripts for 3 months and you just call your pcp each month for refills?

I just seen my pcp and got a prescription for the same as yours 10 mg and they mail in the us postal service certified not fed-ex.....Just picked it up yesterday but it took 12 days...I always oder by phone 2 weeks early sometimes they say this medication is not refiliable at this time so I wait a few days..kinda of a hassle but I learn to do that, I guess each state is different the way they ship it to ya.

it use to come to my po box not anymore well actually it does but they give you the pink slip in your box to go to the counter and sign for it now.

Edited by britton

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Just read this same info after logging onto myhealthevet.

Yes Tbird it sure is Thank You!

Carlie you don't have to see your Dr? labs test ect,,ect,, every 3 months? I understand they can only prescribe up to 3 months you have to see your Dr (every 3 months... ..so when you see your pcp he/she set up your scripts for 3 months and you just call your pcp each month for refills?

There is no requirement that I see my PCP or have lab work,

every 3 months in order to have my RX's refilled.

I am fortunate to have a good working relationship with my PCP.

Hope this helps a vet.

• HadIt.com Elder

yes mam it helps thank you..

I use to have a good relationship with my pcp for like the last 15 years or so before all this meds change...Now my pcp is changing VA Clinic and going to another town...so for I have not had any problems other than late delievery but this change scares me.

Thanks for your info!