Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Should I Do? Wait Or.....

Rate this question

silverdollar22

Question

The RO in atlanta has aparently lost my Service Medical Records. At first I thought they lost my C&P results but after 4 IRIS e-mail they sent this "A review of the electronic record indicates that your claim is listed as currently in the Development Phase of processing. This phase is where we gather all the evidence we need in order to make a decision on your claim. Our systems show that we are currently waiting for service treatment records from the Records Management Center (RMC). If we determine we need additional information, we will contact you. They have been requesting my records since July and keep extending the date requested out over and over again. Is there a time limit when they will finally give up and contact me? My million dollar question is this: Should I wait, and if they can't find my records let them make a decision with benifit of a doubt clause, or should I tell them I have a copy of my SMR and be nice and send them a copy??? This whole system is broken as if you guys did'nt know this already!!!! Help please!!!

Thanks,

Eric

Went to the VET center in Augusta and they were nice enough to copy my copy of my SMR's that I was fortunate enough to have. The vso said that they were to big to fax and told me to make copies and to bring them in and they would do a cover letter and send them to Atlanta and get them to the RO. So the waiting game is back on for now. Will keep posted on results!!

Thanks Everybody!!!

Eric

I would highly suggest you take the copies of your records and FedEx them or USPS certified Mail to the RO yourself and that way you have proof you did it and not put it in the hands of someone else to possible forget to submit.

You are your own best advocate!

Definitely agree with Navy4life. Your vso might lose them or forget about them due to the work volume. I would hand deliver them to the VARO and get your copies date stamped. JMO

I watched them put my records into an envelope with the cover letter and was told that he would personally deliver them to the post office at the end of the day. He also said that when the courrier delivers them to the RO they date stamp it and return evidence to them. So I know what you guys are saying, and I was sure to ask if this was the best way to get my records to the RO other than hand deliver them. He assured me that they would make it, so if they don't, then i'll be standing on his desk and demanding his head on a platter!!! I have to trust that someone in this business knows what to do and how to do it!!!

Update: My STR made it to the RO in Atlanta and is reflected on E-bennies but E-bennies still says that they are requesting them with a new due date of 12/06/2014????? I wish i could just get a break once and a while!!!

Complete a Stmt in Support of Claim on line and scan all your SMR's to it and submit it on e-Ben. Then make copies and send US Mail Cert Rtn Recpt. Then do the same to your VSO-Rep. You say overkill, I say it's your claim, better safe than sorry. Why take a chance for a ride on the Appeal wagon if you don't have to, it's a long long ride.

Semper Fi

Gastone