Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t

Rate this topic

Prospector

At 14:00 today received a phone call from my VSO telling me the DRO had notified him they had granted 100% IU P&T retro to 6/2013.

This is the same VSO whom I have complained about. The only time I had actually go to meet him was the day of the DRO hearing 10/30/2014 and he was not even familiar with my case.

He intro'd us to the DRO officer and then went mute. My wife presented my case. However, at the phone call today he had actually went through my file and saw where I had been denied in 2007 for PTSD because I had not proven my stressor. At the time I did not know how to get copies of our deck logs and assumed the VA would send and get them.

It appears they did send for them but what was in my file was only a few days of logs, not the entire month which had the stressors listed. I refiled in 2012 when I found the logs and included in that filing the same medical evidence I had presented in 2007. (granted 50% 2012, upped to 70% 2013) When the VSO found this he said he believed we could file for retro back to the 2007 filing. I thought since I did not file a NOD on that claim it was a moot point. He says its not.

I appreciate all of the help I have had on this site.

Thank you all.

WOW!

That is Wonderful News!!!!!!

"He says its not."

Not moot at all!

"When the VSO found this he said he believed we could file for retro back to the 2007 filing. "

Yepper !!!! This is either under 38 CFR 3.156 or a CUE......

The actual decision will guide the way on how to ptoceed.....

Fantastic News!!!!!!!

Congratulations!

Can I ask how you went about getting the deck logs? Who did you mail the request to? I ask because I requested deck logs and it took nearly a year for them to send me something. But what they sent me did not even include The accident my husband had on the ship.

Thank you Berta, Mikemmlj and Navy Wife.

Navy Wife this is the gentleman who emailed my needed decklogs within 48 hrs. He has helped several others I sent to him.

Mike Constandy

Westmoreland Research
PO Box 320488

Alexandria, VA 22320

202.421.5151 mobile

mjc@westmorelandresearch.org

Thanks very much prospector! I will definitely contact him. It was so disappointing to wait & wait & wait only for a response that there was no record of the accident.

It's so great Tbird made this site for veterans to help each other by sharing information.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use