Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% P&t

Rate this topic

Prospector

L0L!

We need you Here Prospector and the wife needs you too!

So Stay as healthy as possible .....I try to do that myself ,just for spite, because I have had many claims over the years with 3 pending now.

She will be eligible for CHAMPVA and also Chapter 35, both benefits I have used, and they are BOTH wonderful!

We have info here on them.

The P & T designation might give you some property tax benefits etc,as well, and someone has posted that info here.

BTW one of the Weather Channels had a series on Prospectors.

On a cold snowy Sunday afternoon a few weeks ago here in NY I became addicted to the show within minutes.They were prospectors with claims for land mining in the Colorado Mts and were digging for gemstones. It reminded me of our claims process.

Lots of disappoints, many pitfalls, hard work, and then,hopefully, success.

Edited by Berta

Prospector: EXCELLANTO! Check your states "Property Tax Exemption for 100% Vets." If your state has the exemption, BIG BUCKS. This is not a Tax Credit, the exemption can eliminate your Primary Residence Property Tax completely. Michigan just passed into law this exemption in 2013. You need to get your State Application in before the Tax Boards meet in !st couple months of New Year. You might be able to get 2014's if you file right away, depending on your states program.

Get your DOD card for PX & Commissary Access, some decent savings. Get your wife set up for CHAMPVA and get your VA Dental Appointment scheduled. You can get $10K free life Ins from VA, Take it. You can purchase additional $20K at current VA pricing, but that's on you. Look into the VA Vocational Rehabilitation Department's "Independent Living Program." Do some research 1st, VA ILP has some decent benefits available but you need to know how the program works before applying. Some of the VA councilors are less than helpful regarding the ILP benefits.

Good Job! For a Squid! :-)

Semper Fi

Gastone

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations prospector....Great Win Buddy!

Congratulations and good luck to you and your family.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hi Berta!
You mentioned in a previous post that you had a copy of the VA Secretary's letter to Dr. Bash concerning the treatment of his IMO's.
If at all possible, can I get a copy? I have a BVA hearing scheduled for Jan 6, and one of the issues is a CUE involving the VA dismissing the DR's IMO as "speculation"!

Update:

Hearing posponed

Reason - Hearing requested was an "in person" with the traveling board.

Hearing scheduled for the 6th was a "Teli-hearing"

Edited by Chuck75

Awesome news! I hope to do some prospecting (sort of) this summer. I want to go to Crater of Diamond State Park and dig for diamonds. It's on my bucket list!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use