VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Automatically Rescheduled For Reduction In 5 Years?

Rate this question

Moiorban

Question

All,

I just viewed my ebennies award letter and it has me rated at 60%, but it has the two below lines which make me wonder if they have already scheduled me for an automatic reduction in 5 years. Is this right or just standard boiler plate text?

You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities because your case is scheduled for review on:

December 01, 2019

Include the information in this

You are not considered to be permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities at this time because you are scheduled for a future reduction in rating on:

December 01, 2019

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

I was told the same thing bud. As you can see from my Signature, I have a boat load of big %s that at the end of the day mean nothing to me. God Bless and good luck

Moior: 1st I've heard of the statement that your scheduled for a future reduction being included in a VA letter regarding an award. You saw this on your E Benny site, very strange. Usually E Ben has very little information regarding your exact award other than saying appeal is possible.

I have had VSO's refer to "Diary Dates" when discussing appeals and it's not to much of a stretch to think the VA want's to review your SC's for improvement before you hit the 5 year mark or turn 55.

Semper Fi

Gastone

This is standard language on award letters for veterans receiving a temporary rating. Until you receive a permanent rating, you will periodically be scheduled for medical reviews and possible reduction in rating for your service connected conditions. As long as you do not have significant continuing improvement of your service connected conditions, your rating will probably remain the same or possibly be increased if your medical reviews indicate an increase is appropriate.

In order to show continuity of treatment and minimize the possibility of reduction of ratings in the future, you should go to your medical providers on a regular basis so you will always have recent up to date records of the current status of your service connected medical conditions. If your conditions worsen, the records of your medical providers will be useful evidence to support future rating increase requests. Also, your medical providers would probably be more likely to provide you with IMOs to support future rating increase requests if you have maintained a continuing doctor patient relationship and they are already familiar with any changes in your service connected medical conditions.

When you receive a notice from the VA to report for a medical review to determine if your ratings should be reduced, make sure you report for the exam. I would also suggest you obtain and provide a letter to the VA medical review examiner from your medical provider stating the current status of your service connected medical conditions. JMO

Good luck and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Yup had that on mine and just as soon as I went in for another c & p exam they stated my other knee had improved and reduced % to zero I never had a chance so nod has been there since September.