VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Email To Allison Hickey

Rate this topic

CKHodges

Congratulations on your win. Don't feel bad about your e-mails. We all get excited when we get the news about the big retro check and big increase in our ratings. It is understandable that your thought process was a little scrambled at the time. Just relax and enjoy a well deserved win.

@georgiapapa Thank you. I still feeling rather stupid for my email, but I assume that the VA has gotten much worse than me asking them to double check their math regarding bilaterial computations. So you are right, I need to relax some. I just didn't want to come across as a "whiny" vet who wants and wants. I am very appreciative of Allison and the Houston RO for taking the time and energy to quickly resolve my claim. I needed this in so many facets of my life right now...my health, PTSD, financial concerns..etc. All the things we vets deal with...so to have this closed is a very positive thing. So I need to simply appreciate what has happened.

I checked E-benefits and my overall rating has indeed increased. Now the wait for my retroactive pay begins. But ultimately, it is a good feeling knowing that I was right and my efforts were not wasted on this. And I really believe that the VA, with Allison at the helm, will turn course and become the organization we all need it to be. So if Allison, James (and his Houston team), Melissa or anyone at the VA reads these posts...thank you.

You are welcome.

• 6 months later...
  • HadIt.com Elder

I have been trying to get reimbursement from fee base office in Tampa for about a year. When I called recently they said they lost my claims. I have copies. I will email Allison. This is not the first time the Fee Base has lost claims. They are the most incompetent department in the VA system. When I send in my claims they don't even understand what I am talking about and send me paid bills from Fee Base providers that have nothing to do with me claim.

maybe its just me but allison hickey is a retired air force general. she is also an under secretary at the va. i hope people sending email to her are addressing her by her proper titles. thanks for letting me rant.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use