Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C & P Gone Wrong

Rate this question

Closure

Question

Hello Everyone,

I have a question, I recently had another C&P for an increase of my SC Bipolar disorder which has been SC since 2005. However, the Dr. staed this time that my SC Bipolar is not related to my military service. My question is why would she say that when the exam was not for that but for an increase. Since being SC for Bipolar I have been awarded SSDI soley based on my SC Bipolar Disorder. Also, I have been hospitalized four time this past year 2013-2014 for my Bipoar Disoder. The question is will this take away my SC Biploar which is currently rated @ 30%. Also I requsested another C&P exam. Dr. stated that my service treatment records were not available for review so therefore how can she make a decision. The last C&P Dr. was very thorough in her report for which I had my SC Bipolar established in May of 2011 of which was retroactive to June 2005.

Thank you all in advance for the HELP!!!

Closure, :sad:

Get an IME/IMO to overrule the C&P exam. This is the only way I ever got a decent rating for a MH condition. Many of the quacks are just anti-veteran and believe they are doing God's work when they try to sever or low ball compensation. They are like trained dogs. The VA likes them because low balls and denials help lower compensation costs which is all they care about.

John the problem with getting an Imo is most vets cant afford it. most vets live paycheck to paycheck, and are one or 2 rent payments away from being homeless.

As far as the VA doctors, I agree, most will not even look a vet in the eyes when walking thru a VAMC. They look away or down. Somewhere deep down, they have a tiny bit of shame. My personal docotor has never thanked me for my service, never speaks cordiallly or offers the pleasantries of the day, its all business and I feel a sense of disdain in his mannerisms. Like a captured soldier who was injured being treated by the enemy.

Kind of a feeling of,, yes they are keeping me alive, but doing the very least they must do, and dont like doing it.

I dont like him, I dont trust him, and feel quite awkward and uncomfortable in his presence.

Being a veteran I KNOW I would feel a great sense of pride, and HONOR, if God gave me the talents and mission of caring for the Greatest men and woman on this planet. Show me a greater american, than one who has taken an oath, and swore to defend his country and his people at all costs, up to and including giving his or her life..

Edited by 63SIERRA

• HadIt.com Elder

63SIERRA

You should Request another Dr..it makes a big difference when the vet as a good re-pore with his Doc...

don't say why just ask for the request!

My old Doc left and went to another state (he was just VA all the way) Now I have a female Doc and so far she listens to me and ask me about my conditions and checks me out pretty good and also she ask me if she can help me with anything & thanks me for my service.

If I need some test done she request the test and never second guess me, I feel comfortable with her & I like that!

I just hope she don't get fed up the way the VA is and moves on....but if she did I don't blame her.

Many doctors are psychos who say inappropriate things My last Medicare doc was one; (he just retired many years too late :wink: )

One example: A C&P examiner in Vegas wasn't happy at my reticence about a rectal exam. He said, "Good thing you're not gay, huh?"

So, you can't always put much weight on an examiner's words.

Good luck! :smile:

is that like my last c&p doctor who noted on my exam i refused to get out of my electric wheelchair, although i am wheelchair bound. the va denied because i refused a direct order.