VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Spouse Benefits After Veteran Hubby Passes?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Does Anybody know what all the benefits for a widow that her hubby died from his SC Disability's Are?

besides the DIC Claims?

what claims numbers ect,,ect,,?

Note ''there kids are all grown''.she lives alone now.

He was Vietnam combat veteran & 100% P & T with SMC & Housebound, What all can his widow file for?

Thanks in Advance.

Edited by Buck52

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

This may not be trure?idk

but I heard that CANADA has the best Healthcare in the entire world....that country ain't nobody that can't be see by a Dr no matter what...and they don't have to worry with the Bill.

if it were not so cold up there I would think strongly moving there.

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

• HadIt.com Elder

georgiapapa

I think all the spouse's that take care of there VA Disable Husband should be compensated equally as to what the Veteran comp is.

I was sitting here on the couch and my wife walked behind me and she ask excuse me honey who is Philip Rogers? She read these post with me and yep Philip she wasn't to happy....she ask who is geogriapapa ''now he has got the right ideal here''...no offence to you Philip she said you must not be married eh!...just kidding ya

Buck,

I don't think you would like the Canadian healthcare system. It is just like the system in Great Britain. Both are fine for minor illnesses and most true emergencies but you could wait months or years on surgery for painful conditions. My son in law is from England and I have heard some horror stories from him and his parents about the British system. My son in law's father could barely walk and was experiencing severe pain in his hips, legs and back. He had to wait over a year to get a hip replacement and another year and a half for back surgery. Their system may be free but when you have to suffer for months or years, it is not worth it. JMO

Also, it is cold up there.

• HadIt.com Elder

OIC

I didn't know that?

...just from what a friend was telling us that lives in Canada, but I never put much stock into what he says anyway...if I had my choice as to where to live and not worry about our healthcare I believe we would move to a warmer climate AZ or California...That's where most of my family lives but it sure is expensive to live there so guess we just stay where we are.

• HadIt.com Elder

georgiapapa

I think all the spouse's that take care of there VA Disable Husband should be compensated equally as to what the Veteran comp is.

I was sitting here on the couch and my wife walked behind me and she ask excuse me honey who is Philip Rogers? She read these post with me and yep Philip she wasn't to happy....she ask who is geogriapapa ''now he has got the right ideal here''...no offence to you Philip she said you must not be married eh!...just kidding ya

Cute, Buck!!! I am divorced and quite happy w/it! I'm looking for a Vietnamese wife who I can leave my DIC & ChampVA to. Best wishes to you and your wife!!!

pr

Buck: He might have had the $10K premium waived (100% or IU) Disabled Vet Life Ins Policy. Not a lot but better than stick in eye. If he was like a lot of Vets, he may never got around to taking X Wife off policy as Beneficiary. Could be as much as $30K if he opted for the (2) additional $10K Vet Paid Premium Policy. Might take the edge off a little.

In Mich, wife gets the Property Tax Exemption after !00% SC or Iu Vet's Death. Don't think X's come into play, unless maybe they live in a Common Law State. Did you say she was his care giver and they were living together?

Canada, A! Large numbers of Canadians cross the border for Surgery and other important testing and medical procedures.

As for the $36K VA SC Tax Free not equaling the $50K 40+ hr weekly wage. You might want to rethink that position. Take that $50K and pull all state Fed and local Tax, forget about the 40 hrs+ plus per week, SC 100SC can't be beat.

Semper Fi

Gastone