Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Weary Of E-Benefits Requests.

Rate this question

ArNG11

Question

I don't know how many people have had this happen to them but I thought I should mention it on this forum. Something is amiss here.

I have a few claims that have been decided on and other that I filed NOD's for. I got tired of the games and I sought the help of an Attorney. This is now the second time that requests for information have been made through E-bennefits without going through my rain maker.

From what I understand of the law and what my attorney has stated this is illegal. They must go through my attorney and Ebenefits is not a proper avenue to request anything from a claimant. There is just not a real record to trace this as it can be edited by the VA as they see fit. I'm not sure what kind of lure this is but I would be weary and exercise extreme caution.

Mr. A

Mr. A

:ph34r: " FIGHT TILL YOUR LAST BREATH " :ph34r:

I have made him aware and he is dealing with it. It seems that I may have a DRO hearing in April. Which is a little odd. I thought I would have been in limbo for at least a year. Knife at the ready.

Mr. A

• HadIt.com Elder

I never did like E-bennies can't trust it!

I am not an Attorney or VSO, any advice I provide is not to be construed as legal advice, therefore not to be held out for liable BUCK!!!

I don't trust bennies either but lately I can't help myself. I have a problem folks. I am an Benefits junkie. :wub: Can't help myself here lately. I know from experience not to rely on EBenefits. It is a cruel joke. Plus now I am going out on a limb here, and write this but this is only my opinion on the matter from what I have been experiencing lately. Twice now information has been asked of me through electronic means, not through my attorney in fact, but through EBenefits. My thought on this is that things can be manipulated very easily this way with out you consulting with your VSO representative or attorney it can open up a can of worms that you won't be able to contain again. From my knowledge even with electronic means of today's world, there are specific items that must be requested by mail and have at least a 30 day suspense date in order a claimant to submit that information. Never mind the countless regulations regarding the communications between VA representatives and a claimant. Just putting my paranoid warnings out there. If it doesn't come to be a detriment to claimants as I fear it be then so be it. I'll concede to being wrong. But the enemy is getting trickxier. :ph34r:

Mr. A

If you can't document it any other way screenshots are effective.

On my WIn7 I:

Hold down FN (function) key while pressing PRTSC (print screen)

Open Paint and hit Ctrl + V or click the Paste icon

Save as "EbensGhost1" then next one "EbensGhost2" or whatever and note it is saving it in My Pictures unless you choose another location.

Note it saves as .png file by default but you can change it to .jpeg .gif whatever.

All the info you want to save probably won't fit on 1 screen so in original document hit PGDN (page down) so new info is showing and follow above steps.

You can email these files to your lawyer.

Good luck! :smile:

Thanks NK. I sent screen shots to my Rainmaker and he's jumping on it. Hell give me a minute and I'll post it on here. I just want to make sure I get the word out on this. All requests from the VA for evidence or what not must be done in writing, it can show a status on Ebenefits and what not but a hard copy request must be made to the claimant along with a suspense date to get the information in by. So far when the VA does request it by mail they give you 30 days to respond.

Mr. A