Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Effective Date Question

Rate this question

11C mortar Gunner

Question

Hello All My Fellow Veterans!

This is my first post, but I have stalked the board for quite some time, getting great info from you folks!

I applied for Comp on 6/6/2014 and asked for it to be expedited because potential homelessness. I noticed on ebennie a change of status and update. As Follows;

06/06/2014 GATHERING OF EVIDENCE Compensation

Decision Notification Sent

Development Letter Sent

So I followed some of the fantastic info you folks have shared and found my AB8 ( never would have known what the heck that was or how to find without you folks ).

It states I am awarded 90% and an effective date of December 1, 2014.

I am curious to know which date they will use for retro award payments, but knowing the VA I'll lay odds they'll use the Dec 1,2014 date.

Have any of you had this experience on effective dates and know what it all means?

Many thanks from an old mortar humper

Congratulation on your win.

The best thing to do is wait for the official rating decision from VA. It should come in a few days or weeks or so and it will tell you everything. No need to get stressed or pissed at this point. Keep an eye on your direct deposit account for the deposit. The date 12/1/2014 is most likely due to the new increase COLA but your actual effective date is prior to December 2014.

Edited by pete992

Howdy Folks!

Sorry for not getting back sooner, I had many VA appointments yesterday and today.

What I know so far is as follows;

I did not yet receive anything in the Mail, but one of my therapists was able to see my rating and info in my demographics file.

My ratings are;

SC PERCENT 90%

RATING DISABILITIES

TINNITUS 10%-SC

INTER-VERTEBRAL DISC SYNDROME 20%-SC

IMPAIRED HEARING 0%-SC

PARALYSIS OF SCIATIC NERVE 40%-SC

PTSD 70% SC

PARALYSIS OF SCIATIC NERVE 40%-SC.

A total of 180%, but I do understand the logic they use for awarding 90% ( at least I think I do :unsure: )

On ebennies my status has reverted back to 'GATHERING EVIDENCE. I wonder if that mean they are still working on my IU. My VA rep told me to fill out that form when I saw her several months ago ( She is a VA employee and very helpful to me) .

You folks have been great and I appreciate all of your advice and kind words.

I have to say that I am very happy with the treatment I have received from the VA these last few years. It's light years ahead of the treatment I received ( or lack there of ) in the 1970s.

Everyone has been most kind, helpful tome, along with being protective of me. I came to trust my PTSD therapist, which is huge for me and most other VETS who suffer from PTSD. I have been able to share things I kept bottled up for almost 40 years. These things ruined many things in my life and I lost the ability to cope with everyday life.

Just checked my bank account as you folks advised, BINGO i received most or my retro check. They forgot that I am married and didn't include that part of the payments, but i'll give them a jingle today and hopefully I should get it quickly.

I want to thank you the Veterans and Families for their help and support. You kept me up when all I wanted to do was fall in a hole and disappear.

God Bless You All!

Someone said they "fixed this" (dependent compensation problem), but they did not fix it for me. I have been waiting for the VA to pay me for dependendents starting in 2002. I have appealed it, won the appeal..still no money, just more hamster wheel races.