VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Pending Decision Approval 18 Days From C&pexam Good Or Bad?

Rate this question

lcplcookba1

Question

My C&P Exam was on the 12th Jan and EBenefits shows it is now pending decision approval, That seems pretty fast for a thorough, review of my records. . Is that normal? Anyone have similar experience. This was my disabilities claimed

Disabilities Claimed: residuals, fracture of the first and second metatarsals, right foot, with degenerative arthritis (Increase), degenerative disc disease, lumbar spine (Increase), Lumbar spine with degenerative arthritis in back (New), chronic bronchitis (Increase), Sleep apnea (Secondary), Left foot condition (Secondary), Left knee condition (Secondary), Individual unemployability (Reopen), residuals of gamekeeper's right thumb, dislocation, with traumatic arthritis (dominant) (Increase), post-operative residuals, injury to the right knee and medial collateral ligament with removal of a plica (Increase), intervertebral disc syndrome of the lumbar spine involving the superficial peroneal and saphenous nerves, right lower ex (Increase), COPD (New)

Looks like my RO was at the Austin MAV but I live in OHIO, at least that was where my records were downloaded from, make sense?

Edited by lcplcookba1

RO's seem to be picking up the pace lately. As far as Austin some RO's are picking up slack from slower offices maybe that's what happened in your case.

Plan on a long ride, then be happy if it's short. Reviewing your 60% SC since 2010, if your conditions have worsened your inline for a bump. You need 1 SC or a bi-lateral to 40% and a combined 70% for straight IU but your pretty F'd up, disability wise. An extra-scheduler IU award may be on your horizon. Need a little more info on your COPD claim. Did you have a breathing problem DX'd in service? I think you mentioned asthma? Get the IU, then take your time with everything else. You didn't mention if your pulling SSDI? SC IU and SSDI would take the edge off your financial problems.

If you get the IU, check with your City regarding Ohio Property Tax Exemption for 100% SC or IU disabled Vets.

Semper Fi

Gastone

Semper Fi Gastone,

Yes SC Bronchitis was 10% my last PFT was 62% predicted FEV-1. and my SC DDD was rated at 20% with a new forward flexion of 25 deg. It's a pretty straight forward , Increase to 30% and 40% respectively, If what I learned here is correct. And if all other SC ratings remain the same would combine for 75.556% rounded up to an 80% rating.I re opened my IU claim from 2010 at the same time so I'm hoping it was a no brainer for the rater and thats why it was so fast. Yes I filed for SSD back in Feb, waiting on appeal, should be seeing judge in may. What is an extra scheduler IU vs regular IU? thanks!

Edited by lcplcookba1

OMG Thank you for all your support Guys

NOW WHAT

Benefit Summary Letter Generated Letter

DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS

810 Vermont Ave NW

Washington, D.C. 20420

February 06, 2015

Dear Mr

This letter is a summary of benefits you currently receive from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). We are providing this letter to disabled Veterans to use in applying for benefits such as state or local property or vehicle tax relief, civil service preference, to obtain housing entitlements, free or reduced state park annual memberships, or any other program or entitlement in which verification of VA benefits is required. Please safeguard this important document. This letter is considered an official record of your VA entitlement.

Our records contain the following information:

Personal Claim Information

Your VA claim number is:

You are the Veteran.

Military Information VA Benefit Information

Summary of benefit information

You have one or more service-connected disabilities:

Yes

Your combined service-connected evaluation is:

80%

Your current monthly award amount is:

$3436.39

The effective date of the last change to your current award was:

January 01, 2015

You are being paid at the 100 percent rate because you are unemployable due to your service-connected disabilities:

Yes

You are considered to be totally and permanently disabled due to your service-connected disabilities:

Yes

You should contact your state or local office of Veterans' affairs for information on any tax, license, or fee-related benefits for which you may be eligible. State offices of Veterans' affairs are available at http://www.va.gov/statedva.htm.

How You Can Contact Us

Sincerely,

Robert T. Reynolds, Director

Benefits Assistance Service