Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Contacted Mr. Mcdonald And The Undersecretary......fast Answer

Rate this question

TiredVeteran

Question

Last week, we contact Mr. Robert McDonald and the Undersecretary. The Underdecretary promptly emailed back. On Friday. The email from her meant the world to Jimmy!!!!! And I thank her from the bottom of my heart.

A decision was made on SATURDAY. With a 18 page or so denial. Haven't got it yet in the mail and really do not know if I can read it.

His Vet Rep is preparing an appeal that she feels strongly will be granted.

At this point in his life, it really concerns me that keeping on with this might be detrimental to him.

The people who have knowingly wronged him will stand before God one day. The ones who have been there and helped will as well.

To all you Veterans and their wives/families...........may your path be blessed.

Berta,

I hope you receive good news on your CUE soon.

Georgiapapa.

Thanks, the director of my VARO just emailed me and will contact me tomorrow regarding my issues.Probably by phone, I think..

heh if it works and you make some progress the e-mail it is. Hmm. I might wait till after the DRO and maybe email once off to the BVA. Depends on the progress I make at Muskogee. Or rather my rainmaker. Is it too late to learn how rain dance?

Berta,

I hope you get news and soon! We have not yet heard back, other than they were looking into what happened to Jimmy. Somewhere you asked if there was an offset payment on Jimmy's back pay. No. I don't have a scanner, but when we get the signed copy (we should?), maybe I can have someone do it from their computer.

We have solid, multiple evidence that Jimmy's SCI's caused catastrophic injury and clearly his level of care was higher from day one. All they have to argue with are the blatant lies from the two VA centers that he was fine. Gosh, how I wish that were true!!!!!!!! While no amount of money could make up for the damage, it sure would help in paying off the debts we have incurred trying to survive since 2003. I really wish the people would have been criminally prosecuted.

That would help us if we can read the actual words of the VA.

What I meant by offset was, did you receive a TORT settlement from the VA?

Update, multiple emails to and from MS Hickey and the director of my VARO and a call from her.

The director said I would get a letter right away and I should respond to it and explain my issues in it ?????

No letter came.

Meantime MS Hickey emailed me that she was seeking what appeared to be a transfer of my claim to another RO.

I had told her what the director had said to do, but I also said my claim is clearly written and explained and my evidence is solid.

Like the Phila Nehmer did with the SMC CUE, all my RO has to do

is to read. the claim and the evidence.

Yesterday I missed 3 calls from the director and she is going to call me back today.

Like you this is a documented 1151 issue., they paid me 6 months 100% and SMC accrued in 2012 but they owe me either 20 or 22 months more retro....at first I though 16 months more but the statement they made describing what they did pay me, makes no sense..

They used a March 1993 cut off date for the retro, but in March 1993 I was present at the only C & P for this 1151 disability and the VA Neuro immediately declared my husband to be P & T from the 1151 stroke.(along with SSA, the Agent Orange Settlement Fund, VA Voc Rehab, and even a former VA Secretary stated in a letter to my husband that he was 100% P & T disabled by the 1151 stroke until he died.)I had other documented evidence too,plus the documented fact ( from OGC) that VA had failed to provide any treatment at all for the stroke because it's cause (HBP) had been also severely misdiagnosed and treated with the wrong meds.(documented by OGC).

This all grew out of a 1998 DIC under 1151 award that contained 4 CUEs.

Edited by Berta