VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need An Opinion Please!

Rate this question

glider222

Question

On ebenefits my status changed to under review on 1/23/2015. This was after submitting 21 4140, I worked 13 hrs, 375.00. I checked ebenefits last night and it has changed to closed 2/4/2015. Does this mean they are not going to ask me for anything ect...?

I am currently 90%, tdiu 100% P&T since 2001.

Thanks for your reply Phillip. I have been so stressed about this. I really appreciate all of you here on hadit. I read this site

For hours at a time every night. I like reading the case law as well. I realize what a truly wonderful benefit I have and I do not take it for granted.

Btw, I like your Pic!

Yea, you have 10 years, which protects service connection not disability percentage. However, IU is either or/ you are not "20% IU", for example.

The term VA uses is inability to maintain "substantial gainful employment". (SGE). The VA regs also discuss "marginal employment" and that does not preclude IU. SGE is, by VA defination poverty level which is about 11,000 per year, depending on your number of dependents.

I agree with PR, you dont have anything to worry about unless you are earning more than 10,000 per year. This said, send in your form when they ask as that can be a big deal.

Not sure why any veteran would submit a claim if they are P/T???

I have seen a lot of "Proposal to reduce benefits" letters that vets have brought in.

Is what is transpiring, when VA receives a claim, they review the clam in it's entirety. If you have a disability that hasn't annotated in your records, VA believes that you are getting better, thus they will (and have) sent out these letters.

just be careful and know what you're doing....

Meg,

I was sent the 4140 at the end of December. It is the first time that I have ever received one. I did not submit a claim.

I worked 13 hrs for a friend and was paid 375.00 last year. So I filled it out and sent it back.