VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Delete

Rate this question

Guest rickb54

Question

• Answers 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Great Post Wings,

For all, The Press is Powerful as they are really pushing a New Democratic Win in the November Elections.

They are predicting that the Dems will take either the senate or the house if not both.

Caveman,

I was surprised that you decided to take a personnal attack and question my military service and disability, something you don't have the right to do because you have not walked in my shoes. You my friend should be ashamed of yourself.

Now, I was expressing an opinion along with the article, not the sincerity of any veterans claims. In fact if you would open your eyes you should have read that I helped veterans over 65 get IU (when I was a volunteer service officer for the DAV). Just because I have a question about the logic of something doesn't mean that I would ignore rules, laws and requlations to screw veterans. In fact I have said many times to a vet, " I don't think it will be approved but lets let the VA decide". I was sure surprised the first time when IU came back approved for a 73 year old veteran who worked until he was 65, three years in the army in Germany, retired from civil service, and General Motors, and had his own business. He was not a vagrant or homeless vet, he was a greedy bastard, that had 10% disability for 35 years, and never once did he look back until someone told him he could get TDIU, he was entitled to IU because his service connected hipertension cause a heart problem. I don't agree with" Legal" pork barrow spending either but I bet you would never question me on that opinion!

One final thought..IU as with all compensation is paid to offset losses a veteran has because it is deemed he does not have the same earning power as those without service connected disability. If someone is already retired and applies for IU years later, why should IU be approved since the vet is already retired and not working there is nothing to offset. we bitch about congress and the VA not using common sense all the time why should this be any different?

I totally agree that the system is sometimes abused, but I honestly think the younger vets are more to blame for abuse than the older ones. Many of the older ones could have been and should have been drawing IU for many years and have not. When you had guys coming home from Panama and getting IU we have abuse in my opinion. I think your comments maybe came across in a way you never intended. If so, I apologize if I offended you. I would still love to know your time in combat, decorations & MOS.

Cavman (old vet)

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA is not worried about us old vets. They are worried about the Sunami of young vets who are going to be getting disability benefits for 40-50 years into the future. We of the Vietnam era are write offs.

• HadIt.com Elder

Terry

I think it is easier to deny benefits to future veterans than to take it away from those receiving benefits now. Their would be a shit storm of protest even from our favorite VSO's like the DAV. We are the constituents of these service organizations. They understand where the butter is spead. Just my opinion.

There are at least a million disabled vets. If the government takes those benefits away whoever is in office will feel the wrath.

Good point about the politicians John999. I have never really noticed about how republicans and democrats vote regarding veteran`s issues until lately. I do realize both are worthless in general, but the dems do vote for veterans. I am independent, but have always voted republican. November 7 will be different for me.

Cavman

WHY ARE WE BLAMING YOUNGER VETS NOW THATS BULLSHIT. I AM CONSIDERED A YOUNG VET BUT I FEEL I DESERVE AS MUCH RESPECT FROM THE VA AS THE OLDER VETS AND THE VETERANS ON THIS FORUM. I HAVE READ EVERY THREAD ON THE SUBJECT AND FACE IT OUR GOVERMENT IS CORRUPT DEM OR REP. THEY ARE ALL WORTHLESS. WHEN I WENT TO SOMALIA I THOUGHT IT WAS TO FEED THE HUNGARY BUT IT ENDED IN SHIT. I DIDNT GO TO SEE A FRIEND SHOT IN FRONT OF ME AND OTHER THINGS THAT BOTHER ME TODAY. I AM 33 YEARS OLD AND FEEL LIKE I AM 60. THIS IS HOW THEY WANT TO DIVIDE US ( I SAW MORE THAN YOU, I HAVE MORE MEDALS , MY WAR WAS WORSE THAN YOURS) FACE IT PEOPLE THATS WHAT THEY WANT SO IF THEY DO EVER CUT OR MAKE IT HARDER TO GET THE BENIFITS YOU DESERVE IT. REMBER WE DID IT TO OURSELVES. WHO CARES WHAT A VETERAN GETS. I SAY IF HE FOUGHT HARD ENOGH TO GET HIS BENIFITS HE HAS EARNED THEM IN MY BOOK. AND I DONT CARE HOW OLD OR YOUNG HE OR SHE IS. SO STOP WORRY IF HE OR SHE DESEVES THE BENIFITS AND HELP THAT VETERAN GET THEM. I THOUGHT THAT IS WHAT THE FORUM WAS FOR. NOT TO MAKE A JUDGMENT ON WHO DESERVES COMP AND WHO DOESNT.